The End... or, The Beginning?

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
User avatar
Canada714
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:50 am
Location: NYC

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby Canada714 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:15 am

Barasa gets up after a rough night and looks about the room, it spins only slightly. He reaches for the instruction manual for the room "So...what are all these rocks doing in my room again?"
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

User avatar
IryokuHikari
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby IryokuHikari » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Delta Requiem wrote:As the dawn broke, Vermillion rose, grunting a little as he did so. He groomed himself as best he could, then began the meticulous and time-consuming process of putting his armor back on, followed by his saddlebags and his sword. The cloak came last, fitting over the ensemble. He placed the note he'd written the previous night into his saddlebags, then trotted downstairs.


The Common Room was surprisingly full, alive and bustling with all sorts of ponies, felines, and goats. Daisy and a few other serving mares were trotting about briskly, serving drinks, eggs, hayshbrowns, and (for the carnivores) monster meat bacon, as well as many other sorts of breakfast goodies. The smells were tantalizing, almost cartoonically pulling Vermillion along the scent trail. Despite the crowdedness, there were still open seats and partially empty tables. One in particular housed only one occupant, and she seemed to be ignoring and being ignored by the large majority of those around her. However, when Vermillion stepped into the room from the stairwell, she immediately caught his gaze, and without words, he understood that she wished very much to speak with him.

Canada714 wrote:Barasa gets up after a rough night and looks about the room, it spins only slightly. He reaches for the instruction manual for the room "So...what are all these rocks doing in my room again?"


The manual read: "Hail traveller! Welcome to the lap of luxury! For hte duration of your stay, please enjoy our runic amenities. The basin can be used to wash ones face or affects, and the colored stoned may be placed in the water to heat or cool it, your preference. The decanter is filled with water from the Wellspring itself, and will never run out no matter how much you use or drink! If you desire something other than water, however, please flip the rock on the bedside table to he green side, and room service will be there shortly. Please enjoy your stay!"

You are pretty sure most of that is just fancying up the descriptions of mundane magic items, but the fact that they look nicer than the usual ones you see does nothing to detract from their effectiveness.

User avatar
Delta Requiem
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:57 am
Location: In the Thoroughbred State

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby Delta Requiem » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:24 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:The Common Room was surprisingly full, alive and bustling with all sorts of ponies, felines, and goats. Daisy and a few other serving mares were trotting about briskly, serving drinks, eggs, hayshbrowns, and (for the carnivores) monster meat bacon, as well as many other sorts of breakfast goodies. The smells were tantalizing, almost cartoonically pulling Vermillion along the scent trail. Despite the crowdedness, there were still open seats and partially empty tables. One in particular housed only one occupant, and she seemed to be ignoring and being ignored by the large majority of those around her. However, when Vermillion stepped into the room from the stairwell, she immediately caught his gaze, and without words, he understood that she wished very much to speak with him.

Vermillion headed over to the mare in question. As a serving mare passed by, Vermillion flagged her down. "2 biscuits with gravy, hayshbrowns, and a glass of water, if you'd be so kind." He tossed her a couple of gold as a tip. Turning to the mare who'd caught his eye, he arched an eyebrow. "So, you wanted to speak to me?"
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:20 pm

// Are you going to continue on mine, or do I need to fill in the blanks? //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

User avatar
IryokuHikari
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby IryokuHikari » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Delta Requiem wrote:
IryokuHikari wrote:The Common Room was surprisingly full, alive and bustling with all sorts of ponies, felines, and goats. Daisy and a few other serving mares were trotting about briskly, serving drinks, eggs, hayshbrowns, and (for the carnivores) monster meat bacon, as well as many other sorts of breakfast goodies. The smells were tantalizing, almost cartoonically pulling Vermillion along the scent trail. Despite the crowdedness, there were still open seats and partially empty tables. One in particular housed only one occupant, and she seemed to be ignoring and being ignored by the large majority of those around her. However, when Vermillion stepped into the room from the stairwell, she immediately caught his gaze, and without words, he understood that she wished very much to speak with him.

Vermillion headed over to the mare in question. As a serving mare passed by, Vermillion flagged her down. "2 biscuits with gravy, hayshbrowns, and a glass of water, if you'd be so kind." He tossed her a couple of gold as a tip. Turning to the mare who'd caught his eye, he arched an eyebrow. "So, you wanted to speak to me?"


The mare smiled. It was an incredible thing to be the recipient of. A surge of happiness sprang to the surface of Vermillion's emotions, for apparently no other reason than the fact that the mare was happy as well. She nodded, and gestured to a seat next to her, waving an elegant hoof and causing her light blue robe to ripple and flow gracefully. Now that Vermillion was close to her, he could see that she was beautiful. She posessed not the practical sort of beauty that Daisy had, nor the overdone sort of mummery that court mares played. No, this mare had a radiant, unearthly beauty, but Vermilion suspected that if she tried, she could be greater still. Before the mare had a chance to speak, however, Daisy returned with a younger filly in tow, the mare carrying the tray of food, and the filly carrying the water in a less graceful, learning fashion.

"Here ya' are, Hayshbrowns with 2 biscuits and gravy and a glass of water. Will your friends be joinin' ya, or are you gonna eat alone?"

Glyph Reader wrote:// Are you going to continue on mine, or do I need to fill in the blanks? //

((I didn't think anyone would want me describing your shower :P Just go ahead.))

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:26 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:
Glyph Reader wrote:// Are you going to continue on mine, or do I need to fill in the blanks? //

((I didn't think anyone would want me describing your shower :P Just go ahead.))


After the extremely revitalizing shower, Glyph Reader (with all gear accounted for) walked down the flight of stairs. A brilliant, blinding smile was comfortably resting on his muzzle, greeting all he passed by. Reaching the Common Room, he searched for any familiar faces somewhere in the crowd.

// About the 'familiar faces': I am referring to any of the PCs/NPCs that we have met. //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

User avatar
Delta Requiem
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:57 am
Location: In the Thoroughbred State

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby Delta Requiem » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:28 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:The mare smiled. It was an incredible thing to be the recipient of. A surge of happiness sprang to the surface of Vermillion's emotions, for apparently no other reason than the fact that the mare was happy as well. She nodded, and gestured to a seat next to her, waving an elegant hoof and causing her light blue robe to ripple and flow gracefully. Now that Vermillion was close to her, he could see that she was beautiful. She posessed not the practical sort of beauty that Daisy had, nor the overdone sort of mummery that court mares played. No, this mare had a radiant, unearthly beauty, but Vermilion suspected that if she tried, she could be greater still. Before the mare had a chance to speak, however, Daisy returned with a younger filly in tow, the mare carrying the tray of food, and the filly carrying the water in a less graceful, learning fashion.

"Here ya' are, Hayshbrowns with 2 biscuits and gravy and a glass of water. Will your friends be joinin' ya, or are you gonna eat alone?"

Tearing his gaze from the radiant mare, Vermillion nodded in thanks to the two servers. "Thank you kindly, but what do you mean 'alone'? I happen to have company right here." He gestured at the beauty, and set the food down at her table. "I'll call if I need anything, Daisy." He turned his attention to his table mate.
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

User avatar
IryokuHikari
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby IryokuHikari » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Glyph Reader wrote:
IryokuHikari wrote:
Glyph Reader wrote:// Are you going to continue on mine, or do I need to fill in the blanks? //

((I didn't think anyone would want me describing your shower :P Just go ahead.))


After the extremely revitalizing shower, Glyph Reader (with all gear accounted for) walked down the flight of stairs. A brilliant, blinding smile was comfortably resting on his muzzle, greeting all he passed by. Reaching the Common Room, he searched for any familiar faces somewhere in the crowd.

// About the 'familiar faces': I am referring to any of the PCs/NPCs that we have met. //

You notice a pony who looks vaguely familiar. Perhaps you met him before, perhaps you simply saw him out of the corner of your eye, but you recognize him. The mare he's sitting with, however, looks incredibly familiar, but you can't place her. No place that you've ever been could have ever had the honor of being graced by the presence of a mare such as this. Her light blue robes flow over her, shimmering in the light of the inn. She catches your gaze and immediately you are lost in a sea of blue, as her eyes draw you deeper and deeper, until you're almost drowning in them. Then, she blinks, and the spell is broken, and you just know that you should go introduce yourself. Mares can't resist your raw charisma, you know.

Delta Requiem wrote:
IryokuHikari wrote:The mare smiled. It was an incredible thing to be the recipient of. A surge of happiness sprang to the surface of Vermillion's emotions, for apparently no other reason than the fact that the mare was happy as well. She nodded, and gestured to a seat next to her, waving an elegant hoof and causing her light blue robe to ripple and flow gracefully. Now that Vermillion was close to her, he could see that she was beautiful. She posessed not the practical sort of beauty that Daisy had, nor the overdone sort of mummery that court mares played. No, this mare had a radiant, unearthly beauty, but Vermilion suspected that if she tried, she could be greater still. Before the mare had a chance to speak, however, Daisy returned with a younger filly in tow, the mare carrying the tray of food, and the filly carrying the water in a less graceful, learning fashion.

"Here ya' are, Hayshbrowns with 2 biscuits and gravy and a glass of water. Will your friends be joinin' ya, or are you gonna eat alone?"

Tearing his gaze from the radiant mare, Vermillion nodded in thanks to the two servers. "Thank you kindly, but what do you mean 'alone'? I happen to have company right here." He gestured at the beauty, and set the food down at her table. "I'll call if I need anything, Daisy." He turned his attention to his table mate.

She looks at you like this > :huh: "W-welll... if you say so. I... I'll bring ya a coffee too. Maht help you wake up a little..." She turns and trots back towards the kitchen. The filly looks back and forth from Daisy to the mare, confused, but the mare just smiles and winks at the filly. Immediately the filly squees as if she was just let in on the biggest joke ever, and scampers after Daisy.

User avatar
Canada714
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:50 am
Location: NYC

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby Canada714 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:14 am

Last but not least to come down the stairs was the zebra, Barasa. Cleaned up, packed up and carrying a smile that hid the drum beat in his head, he headed down the stairs for some much needed breakfast.
"Now Let me see.
Where would my companions be?
"
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby Glyph Reader » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:19 pm

Canada714 wrote:Last but not least to come down the stairs was the zebra, Barasa. Cleaned up, packed up and carrying a smile that hid the drum beat in his head, he headed down the stairs for some much needed breakfast.
"Now Let me see.
Where would my companions be?
"


// ...drum beat.... Doctor Who reference, or unintentional? //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!


Return to “Tavern”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests