The End... or, The Beginning?

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Delta Requiem

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby Delta Requiem » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:13 pm

((Just wondering where the thread's GM went.))
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:52 pm

//I've just been really busy, not to mention a little obsessed with what will likely become a new hobby for me: Minis painting. I've been researching like crazy on top of class and homework... Sorry about that :P //

Canada714 wrote:Barasa puts down his cup and lets out a satisfied "Ah!" Followed by the clack of his empty mug being placed on the table. He grabs his things and begins to head up the stairs. While ascending up the stairs he sees Daisy coming down them. He stops her and says, "Excuse me dear Daisy, but I fear I've been rude to you and your fellow employees of this fine establishment." While obviously still drunk, he stands with less sway and his tone holds with less slurs. "You have all been very kind to Barasa and my clan knows to be kind to those who offer the same." He hands her a small bag that jingles with a seal on the cord that ties it shut. "If ever you should need assistance, look for those who hold back the wizards." And with a drunken hiccup Barasa begins his ascent again, now humming a tune. "Good night sweet Daisy."

If Daisy was surprised by this seeming change of character, she didn't show it beyond a small smile creeping across her face. "Thank you, Mr. Barasa. I wish you pleasant dreams!

Daisy trotted to the kitchen, retrieved the requested items for Glyph, and returned to his room.

Glyph Reader wrote:
Sitting up from his formerly resting position, Glyph looks towards Daisy with gratitude in his eyes.

"Yes madam, I do indeed need something, that is, if you would be kind enough to retrieve it for me." Glyph gives a dazzling smile. "As you may know, a part of the deal I arranged with the barkeep was to receive a carrying flask of Ginger Ale, as well as a basic antidote..." Glyph trails off, a glazed look in his eyes.

'What do you need an antidote for Glyph,' Gruff exclaimed loudly, 'and a basic one at that! That is only good for food poisoning and noise induced headac...' he lowers his voice, 'Oh, that is why. Ignore me then... not like you can in your current state.'

Shaking his head, Glyph looks up and winks at Daisy, "Of course, as you have seen down at the bar, I give extremely generous tips, so you will be compensated for your time-" A sharp pain went through Glyph's head, most certainly due to the collection of voices chatting away above.

At said pain, Glyph hissed inwards and rubbed his forehead at the base of his horn, feeling the coarse dark gray hair under his hoof.

Eyes shut, he whispered, "Sooner than later would be lovely, though."

// :rderp: This seems like a problem for poor Glyph here... what is his plan for the antidote? Find out later, or reread the post above. :P And yes, I am giving Daisy a gold scarab; she is giving me a great service, after all! //

"Here you are, Mr. Reader. Will there be anything else you'll need?"
Last edited by IryokuHikari on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Barasa heads to his room and passes out on the bed with a hard thud. He'll make use of the uber fancy room's stuff in the morning.
//I wanna see what all this magical stuff does ;) //
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:54 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:"Here you are, Mr. Reader. Will there be anything else you'll need?"

A somewhat strained smile stretches across Glyph's weary face. It was quite clear that the poor stallion was slowly breaking down mentally. "I need nothing else other than the knowledge that all will be well soon. Good night, Miss Daisy." Glyph begins to reach towards the ginger ale flask, hope shining readily in his eyes, but quickly remembers his promise. "Oh, and Miss Daisy? Here is your tip."

Reaching into his bag with his magic, he pulls out not one, but three gold scarab coins. With a slight shiver of mental exhaustion, Glyph kindly places the shiny, valuable coins into the mare's tip pocket.

"Keep the change," he winked. To himself he whispered;

Alas, such exhaustion I feel,
yet my mind continues to spiel;
so may thoughts that barely seem to be mine.
Although, do I really possess a reason to whine?

My mortal expenses are no problem at all.
My lifestyle makes young foals and mares enthralled.
Yet why do I have such a curse,
that seems to hit me in a way that is rehearsed?

Alas, it is time for some ginger ale,
to make my mind, briefly, hearty and hale.

'Oh Glyph, why do continue tah harbor so much pain? You could just talk to someone about it,' Gruff commented.

In the great expansive, loud world of Glyph's mind, Gruff can only sigh at the misfortune that Glyph had to deal with every single night; every single moment of rest...
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:26 pm

As he goes to his room, Vermillion takes off his cloak, revealing a set of full plate armor, minus the helmet. A longsword hangs at his side, until he pulls off the strap keeping it attached. He sets the sword down, then sets about disassembling his armor, piece by piece. Once he's finished, he crawls into the bed, to fall asleep.

A few hours into his rest, he jolts awake, with a thousand-yard stare of the severely traumatized. "What in the name of the Sun was THAT?!" he gasps, recalling his dream. "Void, agony... ugh!" He gets up, and makes use of the inn-provided paper and pen to write something down. "I wonder if anypony can make sense of this..."

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:20 pm

After drinking his entire flask of Ginger Ale, Glyph slowly lowered himself under the covers. Exhaustion began to transmute into peaceful waves of sleep; even the voices quieted down, and they were as sleepy as Glyph was. Soon, the waves overtook the poor stallion, leading him to the world of pure imagination...

Minutes later, Glyph Reader bolted straight up, all the voices screeching in agony.

"Oh my great Fate giver!" he whispered.

Oh what he had seen; what he could not do for the life of him! What did it even mean?

'OH GLYPH WHAT THE *SILLY HUSHPUPPIES FROM KANSAS* HAPPENED!' Gruff shouted, his somewhat grating tone reverberating throughout Glyph's skull.

Glyph hissed from the power of the shout; even though it was all in his mind, technically. "Ouch! Not so loud Gruff, if you will," the stallion groaned softly. Rather than attempt to explain what happened, Glyph reached out yet again for the staff rune while imprinting the dream into his memory; he needs his Ginger Ale.
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Barasa wakes up with a start.
"What are these that dance in my head
While I am here, lying in bed

These were visions, evil in nature
Whose shapes and forms lack nomenclature

Bad dreams? Nightmares? These visions me think
Must have been given life from my drink"

Barasa looked about the darkened room.
He was alone, his emerald eyes could assume.
He reached for a gourd nearby,
and opened it up to his eye.
Empty. A remedy with an easy fix,
but for now a refill from the sinks.

With a tap of the blue rune, cool water collected.
His gourds purpose, now corrected.
A swig, then two, then three, then four,
But still his body asked for more.

Barasa remised to his latest dream.
He could still hear those frightful screams.
The visions he saw made his heart sink
As he mumbled to himself, "I need a drink."
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:31 pm

The night is dark and quiet, but not in a comfortable sense. It is dark like death is dark, quiet like the grave. It was as if the world had been killed and buried deep within a dark coffin, deep within the dark earth.

Morning came slowly, but it came. The summoning rocks flipped over and over, creating a clattering noise that woke those who slept, and startling those who had been too deep in thought to sleep. The odors of breakfast wafted into the rooms, acting like a siren's call to those who slept through the rumbling rock clock (say that one five times!).

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:34 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:The night is dark and quiet, but not in a comfortable sense. It is dark like death is dark, quiet like the grave. It was as if the world had been killed and buried deep within a dark coffin, deep within the dark earth.

Morning came slowly, but it came. The summoning rocks flipped over and over, creating a clattering noise that woke those who slept, and startling those who had been too deep in thought to sleep. The odors of breakfast wafted into the rooms, acting like a siren's call to those who slept through the rumbling rock clock (say that one five times!).

To say that Glyph Reader was charismatic was like saying water is wet; a ridiculously obvious statement. Many mares have loved the rounded, yet angular muzzle that was spouted by the orange stallion. Just as many, with bliss filled sighs, wanted to be with him. Forever. And ever. Understandable.

However, on this morn, Glyph could be considered one of the undead.

"Urraugh," went the orange being, "what happened last night... The last thing I remember is needing more Ginger A-"

With sudden realization, Glyph bolted up, urgency in his eyes. Rummaging through out his bags, Glyph pulled out the basic antidote and swallowed the purple contents in one big gulp. A rush of clarity went though Glyph's fragile mind.

'Okay, NOW I see why you got the antidote...' muttered Gruff, 'After all, that dream you had me record last night must have done quite the number on you.'

'It did a number on me, and I don't even have a brain of my own!'
Soft softly exclaimed.

"I'm going to take a shower; could you make sure Boisterous is tied up today? I need him to be as out of the way as possible for the council meeting."

'Of course Glyph. We would have done it anyway. Right Gruff?' queried Soft.

'Probably not.' Glyph rolled his eyes at the sarcastic comment. With his confidence and suavity restored, the stallion began the long, dangerous trek to the rune shower.

// YAY!! THE GM IS BACK!!!! Also, yes; that is a really difficult tongue twister. //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 pm

As the dawn broke, Vermillion rose, grunting a little as he did so. He groomed himself as best he could, then began the meticulous and time-consuming process of putting his armor back on, followed by his saddlebags and his sword. The cloak came last, fitting over the ensemble. He placed the note he'd written the previous night into his saddlebags, then trotted downstairs.

Return to “Tavern”