looking to start a game soon

A place to announce or look for online tabletop play
kablam pony

looking to start a game soon

Postby kablam pony » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:59 pm

hey all, i'm looking at wanting to start a new game some time (perferably on saturdays and/or sundays). we've got two players (including myself) who want to get into a game soon. i've got some experience playing d&d and know how it works, but we have one fresh player who has never played before but wants to get into it. we're open to any game and/or campaign.

Llisandur

Re: looking to start a game soon

Postby Llisandur » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:04 am

What times are you looking for? I'm looking to get into a new game, and Saturdays or Sundays would be great.

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Are you still looking for people? I haven't heard anything since your original post.

kablam pony

Postby kablam pony » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:24 pm

yes! hey! i didnt expect someone to reply so soon! yes, we are still looking for a game on saturdays and/or sundays some time around 1:00 pm PT, or 4:00 pm ET.

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Saturday sounds great, however that time Sunday is a little early. I usually meet with people to play board games on Sunday, and we get back around 7:30pm (5:30pm PT/8:30pm ET). However, I don't go every Sunday, but it's kind of random depending on who else is going. I can set up certain days to not go, but I would prefer to go at least some times.

So, if you're fine with that, I would definitely like to play. I am an experienced player, although not as experienced as I would like. If you're looking for a GM, while I can, I have not done it but for a couple of sessions.

kablam pony

Postby kablam pony » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:26 pm

thats great! i unfortunately have not GM'ed before either (and i kind of dont want to right now) but i am ready to play anyways. my friend would like to play too and i think he is looking at more towards sunday rather than saturday, but i'm not entirely sure. i'll talk with him again tomorrow about exact times he will be available.

personally, i woud love to be able to go for 5-7 hours of playing simply because i have yet to have the pleasure of being able to sit down and go for a good long session of D&D gaming. but i highly doubt everyone else (including my friend) would like to do that. he would rather not play into the wee hours of the morning.

kablam pony

Postby kablam pony » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:57 pm

okay, saturdays will work; i just talked to him and he says that he can do saturdays reliably at the times we talked about earlier; 1:00 pm PT/ 4:00 pm ET.

however, i will be busy this saturday with another arrangement so i wont be able to play then. however, i was thinking this sunday we could start and spend some time creating characters and familiarizing my friend with how the game works and probably run through a few basic scenarios like maybe shop roleplaying and a combat situation or two so he has an idea of what to expect. afterwards we could go back to original plan of playing on saturday.

just to make sure, we are playing on roll20, right? and do we have a volunteer to be our GM for this game?

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:48 pm

That sounds fine. I actually have the Pathfinder Beginner Box that we can play through to start, especially if your friend has never played before. I don't have anyone to GM and I'm not great at coming up with story stuff, but I do have a few scenarios we could do. Most of them are Golarion scenarios and adventure paths though. If I end up GMing, I'll probably do a GMPC if that's alright, especially with only three people.

Roll20 is fine. I prefer Discord for voice, but Skype or TeamSpeak are fine too.

kablam pony

Postby kablam pony » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:36 pm

that seems fine; i'm not sure what a golarian scenario is, but i'm down to try it. just a few questions: what is a DMPC and what is discord? is discord like the fandom's dedicated/personalized version of skype or something?

right now skype would probably work best. he's still learning his way around it a bit and he is brimming with ideas for the game. do you know anyone who might be interested in joining us or is it just going to be the three of us?

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Golarion is Paizo's campaign setting. Any of the 1st party Pathfinder adventures are going to be set in it.
DMPC is Dungeon Master Player Character. Basically I'd also play a character for tactical use and otherwise it would be an NPC that follows you around.
Discord is a gaming voice application. It's very easy to use. https://discordapp.com/.
I can ask a few people, but I think mostly the people I know are busy on Saturday.

Return to “Planning”