Helping New GMs

A place to announce or look for online tabletop play
Steel_Prism

Re: Helping New GMs

Postby Steel_Prism » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:18 pm

Well if it proves to be popular I may do others looking at other aspects of GMing or see what question I may not be able to answer right away or are too big of a question to cover in the time I have got

EquestrianScholar

Postby EquestrianScholar » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:59 pm

A slight problem, though it may simply mean I am late, I wont get off work until 5:00pm EST or 10:00pm your time. It will take at least 30 minutes for me to get home, and then however long it takes me to get setup.

ainawing

Postby ainawing » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:28 am

Will your PC troubles prevent you from doing this tomorrow?

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:51 pm

I have a laptop that I will be doing it on, not ideal but I can still do what I want just minus some of the fancy things I was going to do. If it really doesn't work then we hold off one showing Roll20 side of things and try some Q and A and good GM tips.

Will be doing steam from here https://picarto.tv/SteelPrism it maybe up about 20-10misn before as I do test make sure things are working with sound.

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:08 pm

Stream is up and running if anyone else wanted to join in, will be starting in a moment but never too late to join

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:50 am

Well we got a some that joined in and watch.

This one was mostly talking about roll20 and what you can do within it and the tool that are at the GM control.

Will be looking at doing a second one at some point where we cover is going through a one off adventurer and taking it apart looking at what players may do the sort of things players can come up with and how to go about handle it. So looking a lot more on running a game. This one may take longer maybe 3 hours and going through an adventurer with Q and A.

Also be ready to join in as will be throwing things at you viewers to see what you may do and maybe talking about the ideas what you guys come up with.

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:05 pm

Hello all again,

Now with may PC issues out the way again, I am planning to on doing a 2nd stream this time taking you through the Tower of Misery, give you an idea of the sort of things you can do with a pre-made adventure also letting you ask question's and taking a Party of 4 through it so you can get an idea the sort of thing players may do or what they may get up too.

The Date will be one time in the week, but to give you an idea I am looking to do it on 7th, 8th 9th or 11th at this point havn't set a date.

Throw in a post so I know want to jump along. Will have a date after this weekend

ainawing

Postby ainawing » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:01 pm

I'm up for it.

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Right I will be doing this on the 1st starting at around 10pm GMT time just like last time will link once again closer to the time

Any question's before we start throw them at me before we start

ainawing

Postby ainawing » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:10 am

Well, one thing that I've been struggling with is the difficulty scale of encounters. I'm not sure the CR vs CL system works as I think it does. Apart from that... I'm interested in how specific I should be in my planning as a GM, but I guess that's the entire topic of the stream... So, yeah.

Return to “Planning”