Helping New GMs

A place to announce or look for online tabletop play
Steel_Prism

Helping New GMs

Postby Steel_Prism » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:04 pm

Hello all,

This is something I have been playing around with for a little bit now and after talking to a number of players who want to start Gming but not sure they can it seams clear we got a lot of people who want to run games but don't have the confidence to run one.

So I am wanting to see what sort if interest I would get if I did some live streaming of how to use roll20 as a GM showing how it works then moving into things like storytelling working out a short story or long campaign or maybe just a one off as well as letting people ask questions as we go along.

This is to see if there is any interest or need for this sort of thing so can arrange some dates where I would do this sort of thing and if it works out maybe keep it going or looking at other subjects when it comes to GMing.

gaminglord99

Re: Helping New GMs

Postby gaminglord99 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:20 am

i am interested in GMing i know a little of how to use the R20 system but not as much as i would like

IcanConfuse

Postby IcanConfuse » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:46 pm

As one of your current players I can't say that I would be able to do any better than you at GMing even with help- but I would be interested to learn more about the GM side of Roll20.

EquestrianScholar

Postby EquestrianScholar » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:47 pm

I am interested, any help would be appreciated.

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:20 am

Ok there is intrest, i will be sorting out a day when i can do it. Looking at what days i have free it looks like a friday.

I will be runing a few streaming tests make sure it works still with what i got once that is done will put up a time and date.

EquestrianScholar

Postby EquestrianScholar » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:52 am

It will have to be after work for me, so if you could give a date first I can then give when I am available... if that is okay?

porygon

Postby porygon » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:42 pm

im interested :D :)

ainawing

Postby ainawing » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:30 am

You know I'm interested! :-D

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:30 pm

Sorry for the delay in getting back I needed to what was going on with on of my games before I set a date.

I will be running the steam on Friday 22nd at 10pm GMT time. I am not sure how long it will go on for and will matter how fast we go through roll20 and sort of questions I am asked. I plan to start with what I think would be the basics of what you need to know to start a game.

I will post the link to the steam here and if you add me on Skype I will also send it to you on that as well.

EquestrianScholar

Postby EquestrianScholar » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:58 pm

That would be 5pm EST for me, so that should work just fine.

If I can I may even see if I can get that day off but it might be too late for that, and I will just need to hope I am not scheduled during this time. Most of the time I work in the morning, normally being home before 5pm though there have been a few times I have worked until 7pm.

Return to “Planning”