5e Pony Game: The New Frontier

A place to announce or look for online tabletop play
TheJar

5e Pony Game: The New Frontier

Postby TheJar » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:30 am

All,

I have been working a good deal over the past couple of months (and as a thought project before that) on running my own 5th Edition DnD Pony game and have finally started laying meaningful foundation to it. While I have borrowed from David and team's work for the Ponyfinder 5e conversion, I have heavily modified a lot of it as my intention was to create something that could take place in the Equestria we know from the show, comics, etc (with all respect due to the rich world the PF team has created). :) I expect this game will be flavored towards role-playing, having the opportunity to build and develop your own goals and perspectives and how they related to the newly settled outpost of Harmony.

If you are interested, please let me know and we can get started on getting you ready to go. I expected to begin this game in January (after my nursing exams and when my new client engagement at work begins) and will be creating a Skype group to ensure everyone is up to speed and information is available (and to just hang out). The Google Drive links are listed below and I may include an update with basic setting/game information soon in this post.

Thanks again, I look forward to making an awesome game together!

Last edited by TheJar on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

CreamBurlee

Re: 5e Pony Game: The New Frontier

Postby CreamBurlee » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:16 am

A quick question, what median will this game be played on. Ponyfinder forums Post by Post, Roll 20, Skype?

Sounds like a very fun game in the making.

Thanks,

Unofficial Ghost of Ponyfinder Forums

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:28 am

I would love to hop in on this. Did you end up going over our comments and classes we posted in the chat at all? I guess I'll figure that out as I go through the content, but a good 5E conversion would be amazing, even if it doesn't fix the 5E problems.

Edit: Our remarks on the 5E stuff
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=608
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=622

TheJar

Postby TheJar » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:32 am

@CB
Game will be a combination of Roll20 and Skype. I'll be doing audio. DMing but players are free to voice or text, their choice.

Thanks! Send me a character idea/concept and we can get started.

@Sun Dial
Couldn't find the convo before but I did like your take on Unification Sorc. Will go through the chat and update my docs as needed.

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:38 am

But my Weather Stallion... and the Blaze Patron Warlock! Such Awesomeness!

TheJar

Postby TheJar » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:52 am

I won't be using the ponyfinder history/pantheon. Just the MLP canon (with mostly canonized comics, too). No Blaze, weather pony I'm still sorting out. Will probably be a ritual or something. Pegasi can already move clouds around per them being treated as normal terrain. Since Cloudsdayle manufactures the weather/rain clouds I view weather pony as more of a manager of local machinery/inventory.

TheJar

Postby TheJar » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Also, as a heads up: there will be a new skill called Intelligence (Industry). I will explain more of what it means later but there will be rituals associated with it and it governs most of the technology that exists in equestria and synergizes with other things (the Pegasus engineer in Harmony, Stratos, is quite talented in both Industry (to know his engineering craft) and Nature (to know the appropriate weather cycles and patterns to achieve ecological balance)).

CreameBurlee

Postby CreameBurlee » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Great. Expecr my character information within several daya. I have an interesting life schedule, So if I can't play for some reason, enjoy a free NPC!

Ghost

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:36 pm

The Weather Druid is more about the Pony who specializes in it, and its not that hard to turn Nightmare Celestia into something that comes from below. The Unity bloodline actually causes the most problems, because it forces all Alicorns into not only being mortal, but a very specific class.

TheJar

Postby TheJar » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:45 pm

Yeah, my solution: leave unity as it is, some fit it (Cadence, Celestial) and/or just have alicorn ascension be a thing (or a high level spell that can be cast). Cadence became one very young, her having a class thing for it makes sense but Twilight? No. She even scribed the spell that turned her into an alicorn lol.

A player would have to write and do some amazing stuff for me to consider "Alicorning" them.

To clarify, no Alicorns and there is no immediately accessible way to become one in this game.

Best estimates at this point:
Celestia: Sorc (Unity) 20, a couple epic boons
Luna: Paladin (Avenge) 12/Sorc (Shadow) 6
Cadence: Sorc (Unity) 9/Bard (Lore) 3
Purple Horse: Wiz (Transmutation) 10~
Last edited by TheJar on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Planning”