Maptool game looking for players!

A place to announce or look for online tabletop play
Dranski

Maptool game looking for players!

Postby Dranski » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:55 pm

This will be my first time gming a pathfinder game (done lots of 3.5 and homebrew though). Open to all players, new or experienced and the more the merrier.

Im still writing the campaign though I will say it focuses mainly on the role play over the combat. General idea is currently the party searching for the children of the night, or Luna's lost city deep in the snow. Either way lots of fun to be had. English is not my first language so please forgive. When its done being written I shall post the campaign hook and the such here as well.

0/9 spots taken
"Ever heard of a peasant railgun? Gms dont kill players....All of the crazy things that happen in our world kill players, even if its taking advantage of rules"

David
Site Admin

Re: Maptool game looking for players!

Postby David » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:15 pm

'Lo there, good luck with the campaign. Curious though, are you running using Ponyfinder rules, or something else? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Dranski

Postby Dranski » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:08 pm

O_o I had assumed it used d&d pathfinder rules XD. I could only afford the 3 dollar tier, so dont know if thats the ponyfinder rule book. If i manage to get a hand on the ponyfinder rules I will use them, but other than that I will be using d&ds pathfinder rules with the pony races.
"Ever heard of a peasant railgun? Gms dont kill players....All of the crazy things that happen in our world kill players, even if its taking advantage of rules"

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:10 pm

That does include the core race book, which has the Ponyfinder rules for the basic races and some uncommons for taste, along with other fun rules.

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:34 pm

This interests me very much, as I haven't played any Pathfinder games that took role play seriously. I would like to join what can only be a great story in the making.
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Have to say im interested but ive never done an online campaign :blush:
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Dranski

Postby Dranski » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:25 am

David wrote:That does include the core race book, which has the Ponyfinder rules for the basic races and some uncommons for taste, along with other fun rules.

I'll be sure to use them then ^^ should be alot of fun, the book seems to be beautifuly done and i cant wait to get my digital hooves on it.

Dranski

Postby Dranski » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:28 am

grimAuxilliam wrote:This interests me very much, as I haven't played any Pathfinder games that took role play seriously. I would like to join what can only be a great story in the making.

I'll be sure to send you the maptool info when we get started then! You will need maptool version 1.3 build 89. its freeware and I would post a link if I knew I wouldnt get in trouble for it. Google is great though lol.

Dranski

Postby Dranski » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:32 am

Canada714 wrote:Have to say im interested but ive never done an online campaign :blush:

It takes some getting used to, but it grows on you. I use maptool alot, even on my normal tabletop group. Its version 1.3 build 89. there are some preset maps on there that you can play around with if you want to get to know the programs, and lots and lots of tutorials on the youtubes ^^ Always welcome to new players

Tamara Bloodhoof

Postby Tamara Bloodhoof » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:37 am

If there is any chance, I'd love to play :-D

Return to “Planning”