Griffon Kickstarter is Go!

Ponyfinder updates
David
Site Admin

Re: Griffon Kickstarter is Go!

Postby David » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:36 am

Thanks kindly! We have some other things brewing, terribly wonderful things...

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Sudden news, loyal of the Sun Crown!

The skies have parted with opportunity. The king of all gryphons, Larry Dixon, has gazed upon the project and has smiled. He will be joining the team as an art supervisor and contributing aspects to the design of our Griffons! Joining him is Mercedes Lackey who will be working with him in writing an introduction to the book, as well as providing her vast knowledge on the subject to us as well!

Together both Larry Dixon and Mercedes Lackey have spent the last 3 decades popularizing Griffon and Avian stories through their books, art, and personnel projects. From acting as the Great Eagles advisor for Peter Jackson in the Lord of the Rings films to rehabilitating countless hawks, owls, falcons and corbies back into the wild, these two luminaries of aviary have united and propelled the Gryphons of fantasy into a whole new level.

Check out their webpages here:

Larry Dixon http://gryphonking.aelfhame.net/
Mercedes Lackey http://www.mercedeslackey.com/

We are honored and excited to announce their contributions and guidance to this project!

But the good news does not end there. If we can break the atmosphere with $20k, they will put their considerable novel writing powers together to make a story for us that will become another module(separate of the $18k/500 backer target) with a Gryphon focus!

This is an incredible opportunity for all of our people, and we must not squander it. Mobilize and take flight, for this chance is not likely to come to us twice. Time is of the very essence, and we must move quickly to take advantage of this gift from the gods themselves. Please help us spread the news far and wide! Re-share this on facebook, post this on twitter, let the whole world know that while we are in our last day of fund raising on kickstarter, we have the most exciting news yet to be shared! Help us spread the word!

Flying High,
David

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Yay! :D You got the $20k! But... you're just short of 500 backers... So, do we still get the 3-5 level module? :huh:

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Right now it's all hazy and confusing, but I think BackerKit will let us hit that 500 backer goal, so I won't sweat it.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Spectacles

Postby Spectacles » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Congratulations on getting it successfully kickstarted!

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Thanks for joining the cause, and I look forward to getting the book into everyone's waiting talons/hooves.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:55 am

Done my backerkit thing. I decided to go ahead and pick up the miniature as an addon. I think it'll make a neat little display piece. (Dunno if I'll ever trust myself to paint it, but I couldn't resist having a unique griffon figure.)

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:17 am

Stuart does amazing work with minis! I will post a pic as soon as it is available so people can have a peek at it.

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:24 am

Looking at all the add its hard not to spend more money

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:32 am

It all helps make the book as good as it can be. :)

Return to “Ponyfinder”