A Somber Update

Ponyfinder updates
David
Site Admin

A Somber Update

Postby David » Fri May 16, 2014 7:26 am

One of the two members of our Hero Labs support team has passed away. I've reached out to the other for some words to share with the community, which follow:

In the early morning hours of 5-15-2014, Jon Douglas Compton, my dear friend, housemate, and favorite GM, died in his sleep. To the Ponyfinder community, he was one of the two people working hard behind the scenes to code and complete the Hero Finder files to help complete David's amazing vision of Everglow. I was the other person.

Our work with the Ponyfinder team would never have happened without Jon. He was the one who first discovered Ponyfinder and he was the one who urged me to start learning Hero Finder coding so that we could contribute to the community. Once I got a few steps going, Jon rolled up his sleeves and learned the code as well so that we could finish it before the grand debut.

To me, he was my best friend, my favorite GM, and a close member of my family. To honor his memory, I will continue the work he started and continue to do as much Hero Lab work as Ponyfinder needs. Thank you.

Dragonflame

Re: A Somber Update

Postby Dragonflame » Fri May 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Very sorry to hear that. :fsad:

Platinius

Re: A Somber Update

Postby Platinius » Sat May 17, 2014 4:22 am

The world has been lessened by his passing and hope that upon his awakening he found green meadows and soft hills to stride his hooves upon
Life is an adventure, brave it with courage

Return to “Ponyfinder”