Good and Bad News

Ponyfinder updates
David
Site Admin

Good and Bad News

Postby David » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Good day everypony,

We'll start with the less than optimal news. We've had a rough time coordinating with talented sorts to make one of our stretch goals a reality and have to admit that the introductory comic is just not going to happen. Our deepest apologies. It was a fun idea, and maybe one we will pursue in the future, but for the moment, the book will be comic-free.

In the good news department, the map is complete! After a rough patch with the original business we had hired on for the job, we gave the task to our talented Sita Duncan who produced an amazing map for us! We're already working to get it printed and sent out to those owed a physical copy of the map seperate of the book, especially the larger ones that would not be practical to send alongside the book. We'll keep you posted as that progresses.

Want a friend to get in on the Ponyfinder action? We accept preorders at drivethrurpg.com for the digital version and for all versions you can go to https://squareup.com/market/silver-games-llc

Thanks for your support,
Silver Games LLC

Dragonflame

Re: Good and Bad News

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Comic? What comic?

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:28 pm

When you say:

[quote="David"]... We've had a rough time coordinating with talented sorts to make one of our stretch goals a reality and have to admit that the introductory comic is just not going to happen.[/quote]

Do you mean you couldn't find anyone to do it or that those you did find weren't able to for various reasons?

Natron77

Postby Natron77 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:29 pm

[quote="Dragonflame"]Comic? What comic?[/quote]
It was a stretch-foal from the Kickstarter.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:39 pm

It was, one we could not fulfill, due to not finding anyone, and it being far too late in the game to even consider looking now.

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:53 pm

[quote="David"]It was, one we could not fulfill, due to not finding anyone, and it being far too late in the game to even consider looking now.[/quote]

Couldn't find anyone? When you've had a whole forum right here that might have offered?

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:12 pm

*hint* *hint*

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:17 pm

If you're offering, we're listening, but there's no way it can weasel into the book that we're putting final touches on. That would shove an already woefully late project back even further and start to crash up against other things.

Might be worth it as its own project though.

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:40 pm

[quote="David"]If you're offering, we're listening, but there's no way it can weasel into the book that we're putting final touches on. That would shove an already woefully late project back even further and start to crash up against other things.

Might be worth it as its own project though.[/quote]

Yes, I am offering. I'll admit that I'm a little rusty at this, but I'm also not currently doing anything since my novel was stalled by writer's block. Again. And yes, I understand it won't be able to make it into the book, but there's always that extra stuff you'll be sending out after publishing, such as that free 1st level adventure and the maps. Maybe it could be sent out with those?

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:03 pm

;( No comic... that is too bad...

You know, before I forget, since I got in the playtesting after the kickstarter through drivethruRPG, will I get access to the free first level adventure? Just curious.

Return to “Ponyfinder”