What is Ponyfinder? (FAQ)

Ponyfinder updates
David
Site Admin

What is Ponyfinder? (FAQ)

Postby David » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Good day,

If you're reading this, you likely have some questions about the Ponyfinder project. We'll put popular Qs and As here for all to see.

Q: Are you sure you got that right? It is different in That Show
A: While Ponyfinder draws inspiration from several places, including That Show, it does not attempt to emulate it. Ponyfinder is its own setting and world, with its own rules. While many things may be familiar at a glance, they are all unique to the setting. Internal consistency is important, but no attempt is being made to remain consistent with another company's intellectual property.

Q: I wanted to get in on that Kickstarter, but I was too late!
A: Quick, head over to https://ponyfinder.backerkit.com/presales/new and preorder while you have a chance! The opportunity to snag the kickstarter pricing on the book and addons ends on the 30th of September.

Q: I have this great idea...
A: Post away! No promises that it will make it into any book. If we do snag someone's idea to put in a book, you will get credit in the book, but we offer no royalties or compensation.

Q: My Q isn't on this list!
A: Ask it below and we may add it.

Canada714

Re: What is Ponyfinder? (FAQ)

Postby Canada714 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:06 pm

MY Q ISN'T ON THIS LI- oh, nevermind ;)
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:02 am

Q: What is the cost of the book post-kickstarter?

Q: When will the final version be available (projected or final)?

I was thinking of asking for the books for Christmas, and I realized that I needed to know if the book was going to be released soon enough to work out.

Thanks for your time,
Glyph Reader

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:05 am

Since I can not seem to do an edit, I have to put this here; I remembered that you said somewhere that it would not be out by Christmas. It can be after Christmas. I need to know either way.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:34 am

Sadly, Christmas is impossible if we are honest with ourselves. We're aiming for Q1 2014.

As for price, this depends on what the final printing price comes out to be.

Fytayn

Postby Fytayn » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:43 am

Q: So I want to order your book through the store but I seem to remember at some point you offered the PDF and the book together? As in if someone ordered the book they also got the PDF. Is this still being done, and how does it work? I'm interested because I actually live in Canada so I have to get the book sent to a friend, who will send it to me, but I kinda want to use it ASAP and the PDF would allow that. But I love having the physical book so ordering it through DriveThruRPG isn't right either. Either way I'm gonna buy it because it looks great!

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Answer: We just sent a revision to the print(for less bleed errors) to Drivethru, which is why they are not offering the print or print+pdf options at the moment(Boooo), but! If you get it through us, we can order the books as soon as they're ready. We can work through paypal or direct credit, whichever works best for you, and send you the PDF -right now-. Other option, go ahead and grab the PDF from drivethru and we can arrange a discount when the print option is available again.

Return to “Ponyfinder”