Minty's Art Pad

Drawings, Music, and other related pony things
MintyChip

Minty's Art Pad

Postby MintyChip » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:50 am

Greetings! Minty Chip here with my own topic about my art~!

I have been doing art for quite some time, maybe not all my childhood and teenage years but way more since I become a Brony. I was lucky enough to meet some awesome people at conventions, and thanks to all my friends, who all helped me keep going, I got a lot better very quickly in the past year!

I am going to make multiple posts in this topic, as I believe the different era deserves their own post to see how much I have improved! :kiss:

MintyChip

Re: Minty's Art Pad

Postby MintyChip » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:04 am

Last year, I started drawing again and I decided I only wanted to draw ponies. Here are what I have done at that time.

Then... Times got hard and I.. believed I could never be a good artist. Here are a few rant arts.

But moods got better.

That last picture was a test at a character for Ponyfinder. She is Rajani, a Bard/Shadowdancer Unicorn~

I am closing this era with the most important event that happened to me. I had the chance to meet a few voice actress from the show, represented by the characters that are hanging out with my own OCs.

MintyChip

Postby MintyChip » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:14 am

At the end of the year, there was an event on Equestria Daily and I decided to participate. Also, not long after that, I found something called the 30 Days OC Challenge and here are a few highlights that I care to say were part of a new era on my artistic skills.

First ones were part of the Artist Training Academy on EQD.

And these were part of the challenge.

And then... Everything changed when I learned to draw digitally.

MintyChip

Postby MintyChip » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:19 am

From then and forward, my skills just skyrocketed. I could sketch to my heart's content on paper and finish it up on computer without worries of screwing anything up. I was more confident and much happier with my skills.

Here is my first achievement, in 2 different forms.

And it leads up to current date with my newest OC that I made for the Ponyfinder campaign I am working on.

Now, these posts do not include any... other drawings I have made. I am not ashamed to say I am a naughty person so I have done my share of NSFW, aka clop. But since I do not know about the ruling on such content, I will retain from posting them here. xD

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:27 am

Into every life, some clop does fall, but we're keeping it clean on this forum.

Think of the children! :cry:

Nice art though.

MintyChip

Postby MintyChip » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:29 am

And that is it up until now. I hope you enjoyed viewing my art!
If you want to follow on my work, here are a few links to where you can find me!
Mod Tumblr
Art Tumblr

I am also announcing that I am open for commissions. I do not know how to price my work as my generous prices did not seem to attract people. They used to be $10 at most for full color digital and shaded, because I spend a lot of time on them... But it did not seem to have much appeal. SO, I am offering to draw anything anyone wants for the amount of money they are willing to put toward my hours of work. :D
Here is what I rated myself at

If you are interested, contact me in the email provided in the picture.
Any comment on my art, feel free to leave them! An artist thrives on exposure and appreciation after all!

MintyChip

Postby MintyChip » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:30 am

David wrote:Into every life, some clop does fall, but we're keeping it clean on this forum.

Think of the children! :cry:

Nice art though.

Alright! I had included a link to my NSFW art blog but removed it just now. :blush:

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:06 am

Being the nosey jerk that I be, have you tried drawing any ponies to 'Ponyfinder' style? More like horses, less like MLP.

MintyChip

Postby MintyChip » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:26 am

David wrote:Being the nosey jerk that I be, have you tried drawing any ponies to 'Ponyfinder' style? More like horses, less like MLP.

I have not! I have my own art style I always default to but maybe I can give it a try? I do not know where to start though! With ponies, I had plenty of work to help me, plenty of tutorials. ^^;

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:41 am

Return to “Art”