MLP/Ponyfinder Crossover

Drawings, Music, and other related pony things
Alzrius

Re: MLP/Ponyfinder Crossover

Postby Alzrius » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:17 am

David wrote:Y'all thinking way too inside the box and not taking context clues.

...wait, it was a fertility spell?

I confess myself a little confused here, and not just because that's not a standard Pathfinder spell (though there are certaily third-party materials of it).

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:24 am

I am still trying to work out what the spell could be, but I am not that good on all the spell but could be

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:43 am

I never said it was a book spell. Those don't cover most seasonal ritual type things you do. Like where's the one for easy birth, or a bountiful harvest or a mild winter?

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:49 pm

How about you put us out of our misery and tell us what it was

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:50 pm

David wrote:I never said it was a book spell. Those don't cover most seasonal ritual type things you do. Like where's the one for easy birth, or a bountiful harvest or a mild winter?

Well, couldn't those very well be prestidigitation, plant growth, and control weather? Though to be fair, only that last one is on the cleric spell list.

In all seriousness though, the implication was that because this is meant to be a fic about Twilight and co. operating in a world that subscribes to Pathfinder rules - and has a great deal of exposition regarding their interaction with and reaction to those rules - suddenly stepping outside them, at least in terms of something so specific as asking what particular spell is being used in a given scene, seems a tad disingenuous.

Or in other words, when the premise is "it's all about Pathfinder/Ponyfinder," having the spell be something original seems like a fake-out.

All of that said, the spells in the Core Rules are all notably focused on combat to the exclusion of quite a few other things. To address that shortcoming, there's a great feat (Hedge Magic) in The Practical Enchanter (itself free) that, when you take it, adds a large number of low-level spells to your spell list that deal with more everyday uses for magic. Nothing like controlling the weather for a season, of course (these only go up to 2nd-level), but still some good stuff.

The spells themselves aren't covered in the book. Rather, they're presented in a seven-part article titled Hedge Magic Heroes on the co-author's blog (this link is to part I).
Last edited by Alzrius on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:55 pm

Steel_Prism wrote:How about you put us out of our misery and tell us what it was

It was a fertility spell, as somepony figured out on fimfic, hence the couples all vacating after it was cast. What they were off to do had no business in the streets of Kadiston, after all. Twilight was caught up in it, but fat lot of good that does for her.

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:36 am

This question is slightly off-topic, but seemed close enough to ask here:

On your patreon, the $20/month option says that (after two consecutive months) you can have your own character appear in a chapter; is that a one-time-only deal, or is it per-month from then on, or something else? I'm not clear on how much recurrence this means your character will have.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:04 am

Basically you can use $40 in 'credit' to make that happen. So if you're pledged higher you could get it every month, or even multiple times a month! At $20, you could get it every 2 months(whenever you have $20 in credit).

Hope that helps!

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:40 pm

A quick follow-up; to what degree (if any) do we get to determine the manner in which our character appears? Can we, for example, pick which story they appear in? The capacity in which they appear? What they're doing, etc.?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:16 pm

You can point at a story I'm doing or announce I'm about to do and say 'Please add my red and black alicorn OC! They should totally be being bad ass!' And then I get to figure out how to make that work in the story.

Return to “Art”