Question Regarding Fanfiction

Drawings, Music, and other related pony things
Jynnx

Question Regarding Fanfiction

Postby Jynnx » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Tch. I tried using the search function to answer this on my own time, but either no one has asked yet or my search fu has failed me. In any event, some backstory.

As some of you might recall, I submitted a post some time ago in the "Where are you using Ponyfinder" thread about running a sort of hybrid campaign, utilizing elements of the Ponyfinder lore and using them to rebuild pony society after a collapse of Equestria. Further (if early) details, for those interested, can be found in that thread of course.

More to the point. Unfortunately, due to the loss of a couple of players to real-world obligations, and a general lack of continued enthusiasm for the campaign, my group scraped it. This leaves me in a quandry. I have all these campaign notes to use, that I spent a good deal of time developing, and nothing to do with them. I do eventually intend to maybe run the campaign again, with a different group who shares my pony-obse - er, enthusiasm.

However, I also thought about utilizing those notes to whip up a pony fan-fic. But I'm not sure if that would be entirely kosher, and I wish not to step on any toes here. So my question is whether or not that would be acceptable, provided I include all the relevant copyright information regarding copyrights and trademarks. I know that Paizo has authorized fan-fiction regarding their Golarian material, with those caveats, but I wanted to be sure that the same could be said of Ponyfinder before I start slapping David and his crew in the face. I rather appreciate them and their efforts, and would prefer not to become a thorn in their side.

:/
Let me sleep through this time of pain,
And grant me innocent dreams.
Rouse me during the first summer rain,
When all the world's at peace, it seems.

-----

I has a Skype! :3

It is jynnxie-chan

David
Site Admin

Re: Question Regarding Fanfiction

Postby David » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:10 pm

You are hereby granted license to write Ponyfinder fiction in short story or novel fashion, provided it is given to us for review, either by emailing us at fanfics@ponyfinder.net or posting it to this forum. Monetization options are not included in this license unless otherwise arranged. Such fiction is not authorized to be posted elsewhere until approval is given(We aren't aiming to be mean, but we do need to make sure no super scandalous Ponyfinder fics do the rounds with our blessing attached).

Congratulations!

PS: This license applies to anyone who reads this.

Jynnx

Postby Jynnx » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Ah, danke. Helps take away some of the little irritations nibbling at the back of my mind, now that I know I can still make good use of that planning. lol
Let me sleep through this time of pain,
And grant me innocent dreams.
Rouse me during the first summer rain,
When all the world's at peace, it seems.

-----

I has a Skype! :3

It is jynnxie-chan

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:14 am

NOOOOOOO! Don't give me permission, now I might actually have to write some Stories of the Everglow rather then shipping Soarin and Dash together. Ugh. Very Well, Queen Iliana, your death await's!

Return to “Art”