Cannoneer

Get sneak peaks at parts of the new book, and contribute to related discussions.
lbxzero

Re: Cannoneer

Postby lbxzero » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:16 am

Is there a teamwork reload feat?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:24 am

Gunnery Squad [Teamwork, Combat]
You are skilled at reloading the firearms of your allies, keeping them firing as often as possible.
Prerequisite: Proficiency with a firearm
Benefit: When adjacent to an ally with this feat wielding a two handed or mounted firearm, you may spend a full round action reloading it.
Special: If you have the rapid reload feat, this becomes a standard action. Any other effects that affect reload speed apply.

Zyonic

Postby Zyonic » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:45 am

so aside from basic and enchanted ammo can the cannons be load with other stuff as well? such as rocks, trees, and other hardened objects? also would it be possible to fire a willing ally or unfortunately bound creature from it?
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

Platinius

Postby Platinius » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:58 am

I think not, a cannon can only work properly if the projectile fits the barrel, if it's too small, it can go anywhere, it's too big (because is flexible enough and you jammed it in) the cannon will explode in your face

There are two special projectiles I can think of from the top of my head, one is two cannon balls in two cannons (one each) linked by a chain (good against formations and masts on ships) fired simultaneously, the other is essentially shot (as in shotgun pellets)
Life is an adventure, brave it with courage

Zyonic

Postby Zyonic » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:12 pm

bummer was hoping to b fired off into an enemy. :(
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

Tamara Bloodhoof

Postby Tamara Bloodhoof » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Easy answer to that Zyonic, take lots of ranks in craft: war engines, then build yourself a special seat that fits into a cannon like a cannonball, but is hollowed so that something can be put inside of it. It would break upon impact, and you'd fall out XD

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:33 pm

The way I phrased the rules was specifically to keep it simple, which I think is a good ideal for any game designer. I don't make new weapons, just modify the old ones, and in a way that anyone can do in two seconds(increase dice size by 1, done).

Of course, if someone wants to make special cannoneer booming devices, well, I'm not going to stop them.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm

And what if we wanted to make a canon that fired say...PARTIES?! :-D
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Custom ammunition for the win.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:44 pm

And what about a cannon that fires cannons?
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Return to “Drawing Board”