Race - Steelheart

Get sneak peaks at parts of the new book, and contribute to related discussions.
David
Site Admin

Re: Race - Steelheart

Postby David » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:59 am

This race has been cancelled. Have no fear, another race of artificial ponies is on the way.

tiwake

Postby tiwake » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 am

Is there a specific reason for canceling it? Somebody didnt like how they were turning out?
Unofficial IRC chat channel for PonyFinder (irc.canternet.org #ponyfinder) http://derpy.me/do4nk

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:21 am

Basically. It may get reinstated, may not, for the moment, not. Ah well, on to the next!

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:15 pm

After some thought, and since the backer has withdrawn support for the race, I have decided that I will give it one last bid for survival.

Like Steelhearts? Adopt them! If $200 can be raised, they're in.

If you have interest in becoming their emissary(And enjoying all the benefits of the emissary tier, such as all of the after KS votes. Both physical and digital copy of the book. Digital copy of the original book. Pony themed bookmark. Create a town. Noted in Credits. A muffin plushie.), let me know and I'll increase your pledge level on BackerKit and it will be yours!

Mind, this means you have to be at $200 TOTAL, so if you're already a mayor pony, for instance, you're half way there($100->$200).

Laurence

Postby Laurence » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:43 pm

I wish I could, but I just can't afford to. Which is a shame, because these guys reminded me of the Warforged from 3.5s Eberron setting, a race that I liked a lot. I hope someone is able to pick them up.

Groob

Postby Groob » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Ditto, but I would have swapped out electricity for heat, and had an electric penalty. I don't know what, maybe short circuit stunned. Unless they are all clockwork, then electric wouldn't do much to them other then act as a lightning rod.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:37 pm

They're not powered by either, but they do have a nice metal body that electricity just passes over without doing much real damage to the parts underneath.

Necrose

Postby Necrose » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:00 am

Hm. After reading everything, it seems electricity and fire would not do much damage to them, while cold and acid did a lot of damage. Give me a couple of weeks and I may kick in another $100 to salvage this race if I can afford it, because the Steelhearts remind me of Warforged, while the other proposed automaton pony race represents another possibility for living construct ponies, kind of like how there's more than one material to build Golems and Shield Guardians from, or that there's three different types of Inevitable from the Clockwork Nirvana of Mechanus in D&D, each with a different form and function.
Last edited by Necrose on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:17 am

I look forward to it. Just give a poke when you want your reward tier adjusted.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Seems this one fell through. I'll give it to saturday. If someone wants to hike their reward tier up to rescue this race before it gets the big cut, let me know, otherwise, the show must go on!

Return to “Drawing Board”