Madame Tris'do or Soft Whisper?

Get sneak peaks at parts of the new book, and contribute to related discussions.
Alzrius

Madame Tris'do or Soft Whisper?

Postby Alzrius » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:31 am

With the Children of Bones supplement in the works, I wanted to ask if it would address a disparity regarding the Tribe of Bones' patron goddess. According to the Ponyfinder Campaign Setting, her name is Madame Tris'do, but Forgotten Gods of Everglow says that her name is Soft Whisper.

Obviously, gods can have different names, but that's usually among different regions or peoples. Will the book address why she has two such different names among the Tribe of Bones?

David
Site Admin

Re: Madame Tris'do or Soft Whisper?

Postby David » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:47 am

Snippet from the new book:

It was during this time that the greatest of the shamans could speak to Her directly, if only for fleeting moments. She went by a different name when she did, Madame Tris'do. They grew closer to her than any other living pony had before or since, and learned to love her as a mother. When they passed, so did the name, by and large. Soft Whisper did not again reach out a hoof to the living, and hid behind the much less personal moniker. She would judge and care for the dead, the living were on their own.

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:57 am

Aaand that wraps up that mystery. Thanks David!

(Just for fun, were the different names planned from the start, or is it a retcon?)

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:12 am

I'll never tell.

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:32 pm

David wrote:She would judge and care for the dead, the living were on their own.

As an incredibly minor point, I'd recommend changing the comma in the above sentence to a semicolon.

Return to “Drawing Board”