Griffons: New Qualities

Get sneak peaks at parts of the new book, and contribute to related discussions.
David
Site Admin

Griffons: New Qualities

Postby David » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:33 pm

Some new equipment enhancements to come. Please tell us what you think:

Griffon Feathered: Arrows constructed with griffon feathers are imbued with just a bit of their mastery over clouds. With the right alchemical preparations(DC 20), they can be made into especially valuable ammunition. Such arrows ignore concealment due to fog or smoke, provided the user targets the correct square. Darkness, displacement effects, or other sources of concealment work normally. Enhancing a set of fifty arrows increases the market price by 1000 gold pieces and raises its construction cost accordingly.

Clear Shot: This quality can be added to any magic weapon, provided the enchanter has craft arms/armor. It is a popular enchantment both for and against griffons and other fliers. When the weapon is used on a target without any cover, such as most flying creatures while flying, the weapon gains a +1 bonus to damage. This extra damage is considered precision damage. Caster Level: 10, Spells: True Strike, Schools: Divination, Market Price: +1,000 gp

Cedric Forged: While not actually forged by the griffon who's name is born on it, armor made in this fashion is designed to create an impression of size and power that may not otherwise exist. Cedric Forged can be added to any heavy armor by increasing its cost by 50% of its base market price. While worn, such armor grants a +2 size bonus to intimidate and a +1 size bonus to any skill check made to counter fear or lead in battle.

Iron Heart

Re: Griffons: New Qualities

Postby Iron Heart » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:38 am

David wrote:Clear Shot: This quality can be added to any magic weapon, provided the enchanter has craft arms/armor. It is a popular enchantment both for and against griffons and other fliers. When the weapon is used on a target without any cover, such as most flying creatures while flying, the weapon gains a +1 bonus to damage. This extra damage is considered precision damage. Caster Level: 10, Spells: True Strike, Schools: Divination, Market Price: +1,000 gp

I want to take a style guide to all the third-party content I see (I've been digging into it a lot lately) and dig the good ideas free of obfuscating wording. Here's a patch based on my understanding of the item quality. Tell me if I got it wrong and you meant X ranks Craft (weapons)/Craft (armor).

David wrote:Clear Shot: This quality can be added to any magic weapon. When an attack with the weapon is made against a target without any cover, such as a creature flying in the open, the weapon gains a +1 bonus to damage. This extra damage is considered precision damage.
Moderate divination; CL 10th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, true strike; Price +1,000 gp

David
Site Admin

Re: Griffons: New Qualities

Postby David » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:58 am

Thank you. I'll revise. None of this has been laid before the editor yet, mind.

Return to “Drawing Board”