Playtesting Feedback: Rules

Get sneak peaks at parts of the new book, and contribute to related discussions.
Rough_Draft

Re: Playtesting Feedback: Rules

Postby Rough_Draft » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:45 pm

Can I ask everyone, when you find an error, please search to be sure it hasn't been listed already? Thank you.
Good luck.
Absolute Destiny Apocalypse :)

Seraphem

Postby Seraphem » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:07 am

Not so much an error, as something I noticed that might want to be kept in mind, either for a note in the book, or just for other GM's. Favored Enemy: Fey is a bit overpowered in this setting. Since it applies to all the Everglow races, as well as the regular fey. There's a reason Favored Enemy: Humanoid is divided up into several different sub-types.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:34 am

It would be about as powerful as Favored Enemy: Human is in Pathfinder Society.

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:46 pm

I've found a big problem: There is no information in the book about ponies as Alchemists or Cavaliers! Those two have "favored class" information, but they aren't in the class list at all!

Verequus

Postby Verequus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:32 am

On the page about the bloodline powers, I can't find the information which says when I can actually choose the powers like "Wings" and "Lengthened Limbs". Or this supposed to be handled by "At 13th level, gain another lineage that you do not
already possess."

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:36 pm

At the start of that section it should say you pick one, then another at 13th.

Verequus

Postby Verequus » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:17 am

David wrote:At the start of that section it should say you pick one, then another at 13th.

I see the following text in the introduction:

Perhaps, with time, training, and hardship, you will also gain the blessings of three major breeds of ponies.

Doesn't say anything about level 1. Looking further, I see "Awakened Ancestry (Ex)". Sounds good, but the description is:

At 15th level, pick one school of magic. The DC for any spells you cast from that school increases by +2. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by Spell Focus.

I believe that is the wrong text then.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:28 am

On peeking, I see you are correct. It seems a chunk of text has gone missing. I'll get that fixed.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:32 am

Proper text: Awakened Ancestry (Ex): At 3rd level, you may select from the following options for dormant lineages that manifest within you. The physical expression of them is permanent, but their use is limited, either in times per day, or up to sorcerer level in rounds per day. Passive effects can be activated as an immediate action or deactivated as a free action, but every activation consumes at least one round. You may not select a lineage you already possess by merit of your breed of pony.

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:22 pm

How high of an intelligence score is needed to select a bonus language? Also, I still think "gem ponies" shouldn't be here, since they're not mentioned again until page 12, but that's probably just me nitpicking. It's not really that big of a deal.
PonyfinderCapture7.JPG
PonyfinderCapture7.JPG (126.11 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
Last edited by Dragonflame on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Drawing Board”