Doppelganger Ponies

Get sneak peaks at parts of the new book, and contribute to related discussions.
Temptation

Re: Doppelganger Ponies

Postby Temptation » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:23 pm

I like it. But the level requirement means I can't start that way. : (
Seems like it would invite people to shift alignment later, which might be disruptive to a group. Still it is dramatic and sneaky.
Also level four seems odd, if that's a feat, I'd have to wait until 5th level to take it. Patience is not my strongest virtue.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Your character went through quite a bit before being called to Kara's side. They didn't give off that fresh level 1 vibe from the write up.

gamekid

Postby gamekid » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:36 pm

I could see there being two types of these Insect Ponies. One who give themselves willing, and a group of "workers" who were captured and dragged to a hive/location to be transformed into unwilling servants of the doppelganger queen.

Temptation wrote:Seems like it would invite people to shift alignment later, which might be disruptive to a group.

So would many already existing classes in Pathfinder. I'm not sure the rules are to blame for a player turning bad.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:43 pm

A full and proper hive of both kara kissed and kara abducted sounds like the great makings of a module to me. Something to be explored later, to be certain.

gamekid

Postby gamekid » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:46 pm

I would agree.
You would also need time to determine if the transformed abducted can be turned back into their original forms or not. And what that would require if they could be.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Surely the Sun Queen can shine some light on such poor souls, if they are willing to take up their original destinies once more.

Of course, they may not be as cheerful about departing as one might hope. Kara likes her playthings loyal.

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:45 pm

David wrote:Of course, they may not be as cheerful about departing as one might hope. Kara likes her playthings loyal.

... as David pointed out to me when Sol fell from strength drain in the lv1 testing campaign, XD

Temptation

Postby Temptation » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:34 pm

David wrote:Your character went through quite a bit before being called to Kara's side. They didn't give off that fresh level 1 vibe from the write up.

Touché : P

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:07 pm

These are really cool. :) I like both versions you did for them.

Return to “Drawing Board”