Spell - Grazing

Get sneak peaks at parts of the new book, and contribute to related discussions.
David
Site Admin

Spell - Grazing

Postby David » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Grazing
School Transmutation Level Wiz/Sorc 2, Witch 2, Alchemist 2, Druid 1, Ranger 2
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components S, M(Available grass or other edible plant life)
Range Touch
Target Herbivore Touched
Duration 1 min/Level
Save Fort negates(harmless); Spell Resistance yes
Early cloven explorers mastered this ability to seek out and devour herbs that would speed their healing from grievous injuries. This spell makes it much easier, and potent. After casting it, the target may graze, which is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity for every round they wish to do so. While grazing, they gain fast healing 1 as plants they consume become the healing herb of the past. This spell can only be learned by cloven.

Canada714

Re: Spell - Grazing

Postby Canada714 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:49 pm

I love it! But why only cloven? It makes sense that the humanoid races couldn't learn this, same with sun cats and gem gnolls but why not the pony races?
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

David
Site Admin

Re: Spell - Grazing

Postby David » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Well, funny thing, real life goats actually have this, pretty amazing, power. Scientists were boggled when goats fell off a mountain and instead of sitting around quietly, they'd stagger to their feet, find some herbs and get to eating. They eventually figured out the herb was actually aiding in the healing process, and the clever goat just somehow knew it.

Mechanically, it's nice to give the different races unique 'things' all their own.

Return to “Drawing Board”