A Tale of Everglow

Get sneak peaks at parts of the new book, and contribute to related discussions.
Solitary Performance

Re: A Tale of Everglow

Postby Solitary Performance » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:50 am

Oooh, I am liking this contrast between the kitties and the ponies for the origin of the world. Keep this up, David, and you'll have a mini Silmarillion passed unto us.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:50 am

"Who do we fight?" He called to his troubles
"Pony kind!" They replied in near unison
"Why do we fight them?"
"They are our challenge! We must over come them!"
"What is our reward?"
"To be as the Sun God want us to be!"

Something I thought up. They don't just see the ponies as different, they see them as a challenge. Their religion says they are only there to be defeated by you, for you to better yourselves off of. That's horrifying cause that means at least a few sects of this religion probably says that the Sun God DEMANDS they be conquered and killed, if not even wiped out O.o ...right? Or am I reading WAY to far into this?
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 am

Heh, I am sure some sun cats think exactly that. Give someone a doctrine and someone's going to grab it and run off at full tilt.

Most sun cats just accept the pony's presence as a divine test. If they can be survived through and surpassed, they will win the favor of their god, and earn their chance to be the sun of the world again.

Considering the pony empire does eventually collapse, maybe they weren't entirely wrong. Of course, then the humanoids get all uppity. Oh well, the work of the Sun King's most favored child never ceases.

Return to “Drawing Board”