Ponyfinder PDF's and Book reworks.

Get sneak peaks at parts of the new book, and contribute to related discussions.
Sapare

Ponyfinder PDF's and Book reworks.

Postby Sapare » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:37 pm

If this whole topic comes over as stupid or me not knowing what I am talking about, that is because I am new to Ponyfinder and DND-like industry, it can be a bit confusing to dig through the book history.

I am under impression that the original PDF releases of books that had a 5E rework(such as Tribes of Everglow) are no longer available for sale, is that correct? Aka, if I was to go and buy Tribes of Everglow right now,(this: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/151692/ )
this review over here is no longer accurate for it? http://endzeitgeist.com/ponyfinder-tribes-everglow/

I am just guessing of course that the 5E rework also cleaned up many of the flaws the reviewer found for it. Assuming I am correct this far, my final questions is, what is the companies policy for people who bought the original PDF version? (Aka, the one reviewed but can no longer be bought) I completely understand that you cant just hand people new books all the time, even if they are rule translations of books they already own.(Such as the Griffons of Everglow, which are two separate book.)
But if you updated the normal book with 5E ruling and combined the two into one, effectively making the old book outdated and not purchasable, does he get access to the new PDF?

Mind you, this question is only in regards to ownership of the PDF not physical copies, as I can fully understand a physical book becoming "outdated".

David
Site Admin

Re: Ponyfinder PDF's and Book reworks.

Postby David » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:41 pm

The books are being revised right where they lay. So! IF you bought the older one, you get the newer one. The print version is being proofed (in mail to me) and will become available soon (tm).

They are being fixed, PF and 5E versions and merged and here we are.

Sapare

Postby Sapare » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Cool, I really appreciate that kind of business practice and it gave me the final push over the edge to grab two more of books available. As a final question to this topic, and this is pure curiosity and not really that important. why is the Griffons of Everglow the odd book out that seemingly didnt get a combined 5e/pathfinder release

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:48 pm

I did the core book and the griffon book before my first convention and realization sank in.

Return to “Drawing Board”