5e Conversion: Luminous Dragons

Share and review houserules for Ponyfinder.
VoidDrifter

5e Conversion: Luminous Dragons

Postby VoidDrifter » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:54 pm

So, I quite enjoy the Luminous Dragon race added in Princess Luminace's Guide to the Pony Pantheon, but when it comes to mechanics, I'm more of a fan of 5e than of Pathfinder. So, seeing as this is the houserules forum, I thought I'd see if I could get some critique and suggestions for better translating them. I've got both the "basic" 5e Ponyfinder translation that was released on DriveThruRPG and Guide to the Pony Pantheon open as I write this, but I'm something of a newcomer to this matter, so I'll deeply appreciate any suggestions and advice that can be offered on this matter.

I don't know if it's allowed or not to post the "original rules" for comparison as I write this, so I've left them out, to be on the safe side.

5e Luminous Dragon:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom
Size: Small
Speed: 30 feet or 40 feet (see Variable Stance)
Lowlight Vision
Variable Stance: A Luminous Dragon may choose to walk either bipedally or quadrupedally. Shifting between stances is a free action. A Luminous Dragon cannot enter a quadrupedal stance unless its hands are free. In a quadrupedal stance, a Luminous Dragon has a base movement speed of 40 feet and counts as having the Four-Legged and Fingerless racial traits, as per a Pony. In a bipedal stance, a Luminous Dragon has a base movement speed of 30 feet, can use two hands at a time, and can wield weapons as though it were a Medium creature.
Bloodlines: Luminous Dragons must choose either the Pureblood, Land Drake, Horned Drake or Librarian sub-race for the rest of their abilities.
Draconic Weapons: A Luminous Dragon has fangs and other weapons that it can wield as natural weapons. Its Unarmed Strike does 1d4 + Strength bonus damage. When making an Unarmed Strike, a Luminous Dragon can choose to inflict piercing damage; Luminous Dragons of the Pureblood and Land Drake bloodlines may alternatively choose to inflict slashing damage

Pureblood Sub-Race:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Charisma
Draconic Wings: A Pureblood Luminous Dragon has a Fly speed of 20 feet.

Land Drake Sub-Race:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Constitution
Earthen Vitality: You increase your maximum hit points by +1. You further increase your maximum hit points by +1 each time that you gain a character level. You also have Advantage on saving throws vs. Poison and Resistance to Poison.

Horned Drake Sub-Race:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Intelligence
Draconic Wings: A Horned Luminous Dragon has a Fly speed of 20 feet.
Kinetic Aura: You have the Telekinesis and Distant Focus racial traits, as per a Unicorn. You may still wield objects with Telekinesis as if you were a Medium creature.

Librarian Sub-Race:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Wisdom
Vast Knowledge: Choose one Intelligence skill and one Wisdom skill. You receive Proficiency in these Skills for free and have Advantage on checks made with them.

Return to “Houserules”