Earth Pony Str alternate racial trait

Share and review houserules for Ponyfinder.
Monatae

Earth Pony Str alternate racial trait

Postby Monatae » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Work Horse

Your body is stronger than it is sturdy. Your ability modifiers are +2 Str, +2 Wis, -2 Dex. You treat your Strength as being 4 higher when calculating your carrying capacity, CMB, and CMD.

Also, you work harder, not smarter. If your Intelligence is less than 13, it counts as 13 for the purpose of meeting the prerequisites of combat feats.

This trait replaces the standard ability score bonuses and the Earthbound racial trait.

LegendOfMoriad

Re: Earth Pony Str alternate racial trait

Postby LegendOfMoriad » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:26 pm

I like this idea. I've even got a character idea that this would work well for.
Wording-wise, i'd be concerned that it does mean that you no longer apply for feats designed to build off of Earthbound.

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Feat Idea for the the work horse.

Plow through: (prerequisite, work horse) When making a charge, you may make a sunder check on an inanimate object in your path. If you destroy it, you may pass through that square as if that object wasn't there.

digiman619

Postby digiman619 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:35 pm

If I may steal some wording from DSP's soulknife archetypes, I'd suggest adding "This trait modifies the standard ability score bonuses and replaces the Earthbound racial trait, but counts as Earthbound for prerequisites and requirements" That way they'd still be able to qualify for feats/archetypes/prestige classes/whatever.

Return to “Houserules”