Doppelgangers and Adept Changeling

Share and review houserules for Ponyfinder.
Shachza

Doppelgangers and Adept Changeling

Postby Shachza » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Adept Changeling allows a doppelganger to assume multiple forms instead of just one, which I'm sure we all already knew. The implication is that a doppelganger can then start collecting a wide range of forms for later use. Well, that was too open-ended for my group so we decided to incorporate a doppelganger's ability to remember only a certain number of forms.

Adept Changeling allows a doppelganger to have a reserve of up to Level(HD) x (1 + Intelligence Mod. (Mimimum 1)) forms that they can change into.

So, for example, a 7the level (7 HD) doppelganger with an intelligence of 16 (+3 mod.) would be able to remember 28 forms. (7 x (1+3)).

What do you all think? (We just didn't like the idea of infinite standby forms.)
When dragons in our hearts do fly, is it not right that we should also?

David
Site Admin

Re: Doppelgangers and Adept Changeling

Postby David » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Sure, that works. You won't get flack from me for it. 28 is surprisingly close to 'infinite', in practice, I think.

Shachza

Postby Shachza » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Sure, that's 28 standby forms, but it's a character with some levels and a good intelligence. My concern was that this change might be too prohibitive to lowbies without a good intelligence. Say, a first level fighter with 10 intelligence. Sure, they can switch their form whenever, but they can only have the one "saved" at any given time - any time they want to get a new one they lose the old one..
When dragons in our hearts do fly, is it not right that we should also?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:07 pm

Which would mean they could really only imitate what they could see at the time. So sneaking up on a target and turning into them just before jumping them would be the sort of thing such a doppelganger would do.

Return to “Houserules”