Seeking help with age old villains in Everglow

Share and review houserules for Ponyfinder.
Yageira

Seeking help with age old villains in Everglow

Postby Yageira » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:20 am

Throughout the mlp show and from most rpg realms and settings there has been a rise from some arch villain returning from a past age to reek vengeance and unholy tyranny. I'm in the beginning stages of creating a campaign that follows a similar pattern but it falls rather flat on it's face when I look at the known history of Everglow as realize that it only spans a total of less than 750 years. While some may say you are the gm do as wish, I'm very ocd and I like to remain as close to canon as possible even if I'm the only one that will know or care. So to summarize I would like advice how to bring about not just one but roughly four age old villains as well as one forgotten god as well as their strongholds and minions in to what is a very young world. If you want a good idea just think of "Rise of the Runelords" pony edition.

So far I can think of only one way to bring them about and that is simply that all known history is a lie and that Queen Iliana is simply covering up the less pleasant bit of history to preserve peace and keep the illusion that her rise to power was nothing more than just peacefully uniting the various tribes under her banner. In short the old saying "history is written by the winners"

David
Site Admin

Re: Seeking help with age old villains in Everglow

Postby David » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:20 am

First thing to remember, I am SHAMELESS about presenting what is, at times, just plain wrong. The ponies involved make mistakes, big mistakes. The origin presented in the main book is contradicted at various times in various books.

The world map has no scale of any kind.

These are not mistakes on my part. Ponyfinder already has a collection of forgotten gods, with a few more rattling in the pipes, ready to come down!

Room? We have room. The past is not nearly as well documented as first glance would suggest.

Yageira

Postby Yageira » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:45 am

Happy to know that the time line from the core book is not set. But my history book is a lie theory can still hold some weight, it adds a fair share of mystery and political intrigue on top of the the horror of age old evils resurfacing until more material comes out. Speaking of which, I can't wait for the Forgotten Past book for even more inspiration to help tie my ideas down.

I look forward to the rise of even more forgotten gods coming out, I can't wait to see more on Apep. The god I have in mind goes by the name of Noreaster and is from the fimfic "Revenge of the Wendigo's" http://www.fimfiction.net/story/137862/ ... e-windigos. While I would like to put him in the ponyfinder suggestion box he is not my intellectual property so I have no rights in that matter. If you the have time to read and like him then ask the author, he was rather nice last time I spoke with him. If not then at least I and whatever players I happen to be gming at the time get to enjoy spreading his evil across Everglow.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:24 am

Apep has a jolly good time spreading destruction around. Some people just like watching the world burn, and he's high up on that list.

Yageira

Postby Yageira » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:08 pm

And that is why he is probably the fan favorite. Some of the best villains he the simplest motives. After a bad day at work I can certainly appreciate a villain that just want to watch everything burn, heck I'll pull up a lawn chair and break out the popcorn.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Mind you, he's not actually a -mean- person... But he still likes wrecking everything. As demons go, a nice guy to share a beer with, so long as you don't mind your house being burnt to ash along the way.

Yageira

Postby Yageira » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Given that the purrsians summoned Apep just for the sake of robbing him his wrath can be considered well justified, maybe not the losses of the sun cats and griffins but the purrsians were trying to do the unthinkable and strong arm a powerful demon into surrendering his weath.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:35 am

Hm? Citation needed.

Yageira

Postby Yageira » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Ponyfinder Core book page 89 under the Murrage entree, first paragraph.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:26 pm

That is how the purrsians see it, indeed.

Return to “Houserules”