Earth Ponies (Homebrew)

Share and review houserules for Ponyfinder.
Nightglider

Earth Ponies (Homebrew)

Postby Nightglider » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Earth Ponies
One of the three main and most well known races of pony kind, Earth Ponies are stable, hardy, and possess a desire to excel in any chosen field. They can be crafts-ponies just as often as royal guards and learn from an early age to take pride in their accomplishments. The Pegasi may soar above the clouds while Unicorns plumb the magical mysteries of the world but it is on the proud backs of the Earth Ponies that Equestria relies on to sustain most of it's economy.

Earth Ponies Racial Traits:

+2 to any one Ability Score: Earth Ponies are varied and diverse.

Size: Earth Ponies are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Base Speed: Earth Ponies have a base speed of 40 ft.

Cutie Mark: All Earth Ponies select one extra feat at 1st level.

Hardy: Earth Ponies gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.

Skilled: Earth Ponies gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.

Steady: The speed of Earth Ponies is never modified by armor or encumbrance.

Stability: Earth Ponies gain a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.

Quadruped: Earth Ponies can only grasp (mouth) one item at a time. They can use two-handed weapons but suffer a -2 penalty to attack when doing so with with melee or unmodified ranged weapons. Earth Ponies also take a -5 to all checks needing fingers due to their hooves, unless using specialty tools.

Languages: Earth Ponies start play speaking Common. Earth Ponies with high Intelligence modifiers can learn additional languages (aside from secret languages such as Druidic).

Sun Dial

Re: Earth Ponies (Homebrew)

Postby Sun Dial » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:56 am

So... you took a class that was designed not to be the basic human, and turned it into the basic human? I'm not sure I understand the thought process here? What was the point? Also... your version of Quadruped is pretty harsh. It makes rogues and a lot of magic impossible (Due to needing material components and what not).

Granted, I like them having Steady over Endurance though.

David
Site Admin

Re: Earth Ponies (Homebrew)

Postby David » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:46 pm

They are just like humans, but better in most ways. My own take has this problem, but this seems amplified. They get skilled too? Why would anyone make a human?

Return to “Houserules”