Lunar Ponies (Homebrew)

Share and review houserules for Ponyfinder.
Nightglider

Lunar Ponies (Homebrew)

Postby Nightglider » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:34 pm

Lunar Ponies
Created by the goddess Luna in the heydays of ancient yore, Lunar Ponies are a fusion of Ponies and Bats and have a powerful affinity with darkness, dreams, and the moon. Their race maintains cities located in underground caverns embedded deep in dark and foreboding mountain ranges. Fun-loving, passionate, and deeply devoted to the goddess that created them, they also have almost no concept of ownership yet quickly learn to adapt to the rest of society when venturing outside their territories.

Lunar Pony Racial Traits

+2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: Lunar Ponies are agile and appealing to the eye yet are somewhat naive.

Size: Lunar Ponies are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Base Speed: Lunar Ponies have a base speed of 40 ft. and a flight speed of 60 ft (average).

Darkvision: Lunar Ponies can see in the dark up to 60 feet.

Low-light Vision: Lunar Ponies can see twice as far as Earth Ponies in conditions of dim light.

Cutie Mark: All Lunar Ponies select one extra feat at 1st level.

Lurker: Lunar Ponies gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception and Stealth checks.

Lunar Magic: Lunar Ponies add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against spells of the shadow subschool that they cast. Furthermore, Lunar Ponies with a Charisma score of 13 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities at level 4: 1/day - darkness, shadow weapon. The caster level for these effects is equal to the Lunar Pony’s level.

Lunar Resistance: Lunar Ponies get a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells of the shadow subschool.

Light Sensitivity: Lunar Ponies are dazzled in areas of bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.

Quadruped: Lunar Ponies can only grasp (mouth) one item at a time. They can use two-handed weapons but suffer a -2 penalty to attack when doing so with melee or unmodified ranged weapons. Lunar Ponies also take a -5 to all checks needing fingers due to their hooves, unless using specialty tools.

Languages: Lunar Ponies start play speaking Common. Lunar Ponies with high Intelligence modifiers can learn additional languages (aside from secret languages such as Druidic).
Last edited by Nightglider on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

David
Site Admin

Re: Lunar Ponies (Homebrew)

Postby David » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:44 pm

I feel the maddening urge to point out the leatherwings are already bat/pony types.

Nightglider

Postby Nightglider » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:49 pm

I feel the maddening urge to point out the leatherwings are already bat/pony types.

I'm well aware of that. I wanted to alter the type and put my own little spin on it (thus the term homebrew).

EquestrianScholar

Postby EquestrianScholar » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:48 am

I like it, offers something that isn't just 'bat pony' (as I have already mention, a term/idea I never liked fans adopting).

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:52 am

60 Flight Speed with Average flight? How many RP points are these guys worth? 30?

EquestrianScholar

Postby EquestrianScholar » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Probably a mistype I would say. Heh, I actually missed that myself.

Return to “Houserules”