New Race: Dragon Folk

Share and review houserules for Ponyfinder.
Mystic_Knight

New Race: Dragon Folk

Postby Mystic_Knight » Tue May 19, 2015 11:21 am

Dragon Folk
+2 Strength +2 Constitution
Medium
Speed 30
Darkvision 60'
Claws 1d4
Natural Armor +1
Energy Resistance- choose from either Fire, Cold, Acid, or Electric and gain a resistance of 5 to it
Breath Weapon- you let out either a 15 foot cone or a 20 foot line of the energy you are resistant to dealing 1d6 damage/2 levels (max 10d6). Save is Reflex equal to 10+1/2 character level+Constitution modifier. You may use your breath weapon up to a number of times per day equal to 1+constitution modifier.
Language- Dragon Folk know Common and Draconic

Feats
Breath Area
Increase the range of your breath weapon to a 30ft come or a 50ft line

Breath Damage
Increase the damage die for your breath weapon to d8s

Dragon Wings
Wings sprout from your back giving you a fly speed of 30ft with clumsy maneuverability. Can be taken an additional three times each time increasing fly speed by 10 and increasing manuverability by one step

Hard Scales
Increase your natural armor by 1, can be taken multiple times up to a max of +3 natural armor.
Last edited by Mystic_Knight on Wed May 20, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Buck525

Re: New Race: Dragon Folk

Postby Buck525 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:10 am

Using the Breath damage almost seems like a waste of feats to me. By the time a sorcerer can cast Dragon's Breath, the inborn breath weapon won't really be able to compete.

You could probably add a progression to the breath weapon based on level. I'm thinking along the lines of +1/level +constitution modifier. Frees up feats for more useful things and makes the breath weapon not completely useless.
You might also consider putting a cap on the number of times you could take the Breath Damage feat, or remove it entirely.

Also in your original post you didn't include how many times per day you could use it or for that matter included what type of ability it is (spell like, extraordinary, supernatural).

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed May 20, 2015 10:31 am

Considering you, at best, get a feat every 2 levels, usually, yeah, that's a tough sell.

Mystic_Knight

Postby Mystic_Knight » Wed May 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Buck525 wrote:Using the Breath damage almost seems like a waste of feats to me. By the time a sorcerer can cast Dragon's Breath, the inborn breath weapon won't really be able to compete.

You could probably add a progression to the breath weapon based on level. I'm thinking along the lines of +1/level +constitution modifier. Frees up feats for more useful things and makes the breath weapon not completely useless.
You might also consider putting a cap on the number of times you could take the Breath Damage feat, or remove it entirely.

Also in your original post you didn't include how many times per day you could use it or for that matter included what type of ability it is (spell like, extraordinary, supernatural).

I changed it to 1+Con mod/day for breath weapon as well as change the Breath Damage feat and how much damage the standard breath weapon does to 1d6/2 levels

Return to “Houserules”