Ponyfinder: Equestria - Seeking Advice and Suggestion

Share and review houserules for Ponyfinder.
David
Site Admin

Re: Ponyfinder: Equestria - Seeking Advice and Suggestion

Postby David » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:13 pm

I would strongly argue against this seeing as most of the time they aren't fighting big mchuge things and when they are it's rarely a drag down straight up fight. The closest we have is Twilight vs Tirek, using the combined fury of two confirmed god-ponies and some lesser pones to do it. The mane six really aren't that tough.

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:18 pm

I agree with David - those levels seem WAY too high! :O

My personal read of the Mane Six is that they're 1st level characters up until about the beginning of the fourth season, when they managed to reach level 2 (and Twilight is level 2 with a change that makes her essentially have a +1 ECL race; so she's essentially level 3).

Mystic_Knight

Postby Mystic_Knight » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:33 pm

You're right I overshot the levels. I looked over the spell lists to see what spell level she'd at and I think she'd be more around level 10 due to her being able to use the spell Break Enchantment which she used to snap her friends out of Discords influence. Also she can do short range teleports which is the Dimensional Door spell.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Or a level 1 arcanist exploit.

Mystic_Knight

Postby Mystic_Knight » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:47 pm

True she could have the Arcanist Exploit Dimensional Slide at level 1, but I think she took Quick Study. This means she could have been level 3 around the time of the return of Nightmare Moon so she could do teleport behind her to get to the elements.

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Mystic_Knight wrote:You're right I overshot the levels. I looked over the spell lists to see what spell level she'd at and I think she'd be more around level 10 due to her being able to use the spell Break Enchantment which she used to snap her friends out of Discords influence. Also she can do short range teleports which is the Dimensional Door spell.

Or she could be level 5 and that was dispel magic, or even level 1 and it was protection from chaos granting them all another saving throw with a +2 bonus, or something else altogether.

(I also want to stress that I'm not trying to argue; I just love having the debate.)

EquestrianScholar

Postby EquestrianScholar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:22 pm

I wont have Twilight as any sort of deity, the closest to such being through that of that of the Unification Bloodline if I went with Blood Arcanist.

In my campaign this will actually take place before Discord' 'reform' or I may have it be farther along just that Discord was never fully or truly reformed. This allowing me to have him the most dangerous threat to Equestria, especially through his cult followers. Thus also taking place before Twilight became an alicorn, though if I have her transformed into an alicorn it will be though the Unification Bloodline I may have it that she hasn't reach the point of becoming a deity.

It is actually for the reason of not wanting any of the Mane Six be deities that I choose to take the rout of having them be 'Paragons' actually. Where I could have them offer domains, and allow domain access be more spread out, but allow them to stay moral and not be deities.

Also I have been toying with having it that whenever the Mane Six use the Elements fo Harmony or Rainbow Powers that take on the Paragon template temporarily and for a limited amount of time: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters ... eature.htm
Last edited by EquestrianScholar on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:25 pm

You could make them mythic if you wanted? That allows becoming a source of domains/clerical power.

EquestrianScholar

Postby EquestrianScholar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:30 pm

David wrote:You could make them mythic if you wanted? That allows becoming a source of domains/clerical power.

I could, which Mythics would you suggest? Also I can't seem to spoiler, such would be helpful for what I am posting below.
-------------------------

Also, involving deities
Deities of Equestria
Celestia
The head of the Divine Lights and the Good-aligned deities. She is the goddess affiliated with the sun and justice. She serves as the teacher of Harmony and goddess of the day, as well as a formidable warrior. Her clerics are compassionate and will help anyone who truly needs it. However, while rarely wielded, they are no less lethal with their blades.
Titles: Goddess of the Day, Dawnbringer
Alignment: LG
Portfolio: Flame, Foresight, Community
Worshipers: Paladins, Soldiers, Leaders, and most Equestrians
Domains: Fire, Good, Law, Protection, Sun
Subdomains: Archon, Day, Judgement, Light, Purity, Revelation, Quest, Warmth
Favored Weapon: Scimitar

Luna
The Goddess of the Moon and the foe of Nightmare Moon. The sister of Celestia, Luna is the patron of illusions and night, as well as a master sorceress. She is the foe of Nightmare and her clerics oppose the Nightmare’s priests whenever they can. She cares for all beings under her nights, and believes that everypony should have a second chance.
Titles: Goddess of the Night, Nightbringer
Alignment: CG
Portfolio: Illusions, redemption, magic, the night
Worshipers: Illusionists, Sorcerers, Orphans, and much of Equestrians
Domains: Chaos, Darkness, Dream, Magic, Void
Subdomains: Arcane, Azata, Starlight, Moon, Night, Stars, Redemption
Favored Weapon: Scythe

Cadance
The Goddess of both Love and the Crystal Ponies. As Goddess of Love, Cadance’s priests teach of nonviolence and loving one’s neighbor. They believe that violence can only begat more violence and will not wield large weapons, save for the most dire circumstances. Cadance’s ascension was after the death of her husband. She felt such an influx of both the love of her from her subjects and despair from losing such an important part of her life that a spark ignited, fueling her divinity.
Titles: Goddess of Love, Protector of the Crystal Empire
Alignment: NG
Portfolio: Love, Freedom, Charity
Worshipers: Monks, Lovers, Enchanters
Domains: Charm, Good, Liberation, Pleasure, Protection
Subdomains: Agathion, Freedom, Love, Purity
Favored Weapon: Shortbow

Starswirl
One of the greatest wizards of all time, Starswirl disappeared years ago. Starswirl the Bearded was considered one of the greatest wizards of the past, and his beard won him "Best Bearded Wizard" award 33 years straight. After disappearing from the world for centuries, he reappeared after the Scouring, and taught many creatures how to wield the new magics of the world.
Titles: The Archmage, Master of Magic
Alignment: TN
Portfolio: Knowledge, the written word, magic
Worshipers: Magic users, scribes, librarians
Domains: Time, Knowledge, Magic, Protection, Rune
Subdomains: Arcane, Defense, Memory, Thought, Wards
Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightmare
An entity from the void, the Nightmare's cults are gathering quickly across the land. The once corrupter of Luna, exorcised by the power of Harmony, Nightmare hates everything to do with her former host. She wants to bring eternal night to the land by defeating her foes and taking control of the moon, demanding total loyalty from everyone in her service. She encourages the destruction of Luna’s church from the shadows, to take away her main rival's strength.
Titles: Mistress of the Void, Corrupting Darkness
Alignment: LE
Portfolio: The Moon, darkness
Worshipers: Necromancers, lycanthropes
Domains: Darkness, Death, Evil, Madness, Void
Subdomains: Corruption, Dark Tapestry, Fear, Isolation, Nightmare
Favored Weapon: Longsword

Chrysalis
She is the chief deity of the Changelings. The Eldest Changeling, as she is called by her worshippers, is the main deity of changelings, and believed by many to be the first. Even though most do not follow her beliefs on brutal conquest for the supply of love that changelings need to survive, many follow her dogma of supplying the hive as a whole.
Titles: First Changeling, Hivemother
Alignment: NE
Portfolio: Changelings, deception, subterfuge, community
Worshipers: Changelings, deceivers, seducers
Domains: Animal, Charm, Nobility, Strength, Trickery
Subdomains: Aristocracy, Chitin, Deception, Ferocity, Innuendo, Lust
Favored Weapon: Trident

Discord
He is the beast of chaos and the last draconequus. The god of destruction and chaos, Discord warps reality with a snap of his claws. He has sworn vengeance against many of the gods for combating him, and imprisoning him time and time again. He views the Divine Sisters as his greatest threat, though he also distrusts any lawful deities. His followers are to cause destruction and mischief wherever they go as their chief edict. However, they are forbidden from ever harming a worshipper of Fluttershy, and the penalties are harsh for violation of this.
Titles: The Destroyer, The Mad Beast
Alignment: CE
Portfolio: Evil, pranks, chaos, chocolate rain
Worshipers: Insane cultists
Domains: Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Madness, Trickery
Subdomains: Ambush, Catastrophe, Corruption, Deception, Demon, Insanity
Favored Weapon: Greataxe

Tirek
This god is a thief so powerful, he had to be bound in Tartarus.
Titles: The Bound Theif
Alignment: CE
Portfolio: Stealing, falsehoods
Worshipers: Thieves, prisoners
Domains: Chaos, Evil, Magic, Strength, Trickery
Subdomains: Corruption, Demodand [Chaos], Demon, Fear, Ferocity, Thievery
Favored Weapon: Warhammer

The Six Paragons of Harmony
Twilight Sparkle
Title: Paragon of Magic, The Student
Alignment: LG
Portfolio: Magic, research, books
Worshipers: Scientists, wizards, scholars
Domains: Good, Knowledge, Magic, Fate
Subdomains: Arcane, Friendship, Memory, Fellowship
Favored Weapon: Dagger

Applejack
Titles: Paragon of Honesty, Protector of the Apples
Portfolio: The Apple Family, farming, taming the wilderness
Worshipers: Rangers, the Apple Family, frontiers ponies
Domains: Community, Good, Strength, Plant
Subdomains: Cooperation, Family, Growth, Home, Resolve
Favored Weapon: Heavy Crossbow

Pinkie Pie
Titles: Paragon of Laughter, The Trickster
Alignment: CG
Portfolio: Performances, Pastrykind, Entertainment, Joy
Worshipers: Performers, Travellers, Bards
Domains: Chaos, Liberation, Luck, Song
Subdomains: Revelry, Imagination, Whimsy
Favored Weapon: Short Sword

Rarity
Titles: Paragon of Generosity, The Dressmaker
Alignment: LN
Portfolio: Social status, giving, crafting
Worshipers: Nobility, thieves
Domains: Artifice, Charm, Law, Nobility
Subdomains: Construct, Restoration, Aristocracy
Favored Weapon: Rapier

Fluttershy
Titles: Paragon of Kindness, Keeper of Animals
Portfolio: Animals, nature, gentleness and forgiveness.
Worshipers: Druids, Healers, some Deer
Domains: Animal, Healing, Plant, Weather
Subdomains: Feather, Fur, Growth, Restoration
Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff

Rainbow Dash
Titles: Paragon of Loyalty, Rainbow Racer
Alignment: CN
Portfolio: Flying, stunts, danger
Worshipers: Daredevils, Barbarians
Domains: Air, Chaos, Glory, Strength
Subdomains: Cloud, Ferocity, Heroism, Rainbow
Favored Weapon: Lance

Additional Domains
Dream Domain
Granted Powers: Your dreams provide you with visions of future events, giving you and your companions an advantage in avoiding danger and allowing you to communicate with others.Dodging Danger (Su): Your sense of future events allows you and your companions to dodge attacks, spells and breath weapons. Twice per day you or a companion you designate gains a +5 bonus to AC or to Reflex saves for 1 round. The bonus can be applied to two different individuals once or to one individual twice.
Dream State (Su): Beginning at 8th level you may enter a dream state once per night. In this dream state you can visit the dreams of any other creature on the same plane of existence with the same chances of success as if you had cast the spell scrying. If you are successful, you can communicate with the person whose dreams you are visiting.
Domain Spells: 1st – obscuring mist, 2nd – pleasant dreams, 3rd – premonition, 4th – sending, 5th – commune, 6th –wind walk, 7th – ethereal jaunt, 8th –dreamwalker, 9th – astral projection.

Time Domain
Granted Powers: You can stop time momentarily, and can shift backwards in time briefly as well.
Moment of Pause (Sp): As a melee touch attack, you can stop time for one creature briefly, freezing them in place. For one round, the creature can take no action and experiences time as if that round never took place. Because the target of this ability does not experience the flow of time it cannot be affected by any event, attack, spell or effect as per the time stop spell. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Time Shift (Sp): Beginning at 8th level, three times per week and no more than once per day, you can briefly shift time backwards. You can shift back no further than 1 combat round or 1 minute of noncombat time. Any actions that took place during the time you shift back before are considered to have not taken place yet, and all actions pick up at the point you shift back.
Domain Spells: 1st – deathwatch, 2nd – one track mind, 3rd – delayed reaction, 4th – haste, 5th – hold monster, 6th – contingency, 7th – lesser time stop, 8th – temporal stasis, 9th – time stop

Song Domain
Granted Powers: Your voice carries the power of the heavens, inspiring allies and charming foes.
Song of Courage (Su): Your singing grants your allies a +1 bonus to saving throws against charm and fear effects and on attack and damage rolls. You can sing the song of courage a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Charisma bonus. This power is otherwise similar to a bard’s inspire courage ability.
Song of Suggestion (Sp): At 8th level, once per day you can sing a powerful song and make a suggestion (as per the spell) to a number of creatures equal to your Charisma bonus. A Will save (DC 10 + ½ your cleric level + your Charisma modifier) negates the effects. This power is otherwise similar to a bard’s suggestion ability.
Domain Spells: 1st – silver tongue, 2nd – song of rapture, 3rd – sculpt sound, 4th – song of discord, 5th – music of the spheres, 6th – sympathetic vibration, 7th – irresistible dance, 8th – holy aura, 9th – wail of the banshee.

Fate Domain
Granted Powers: Lauren's touch has given you the ability to affect the fate of others, and to even change your own fate.
Fateful Touch (Su): You can touch a creature as a standard action, granting them the ability to automatically succeed or fail (at their option) on one saving throw, skill check, or ability check. The automatic success must be used within one minute of being touched.
Amor Fati (Su): Beginning at 8th level, your acceptance of Lauren’s grand plans leaves you mentally calm, granting you a +3 bonus to your Will saves.
Domain Spells: 1st – serenity, 2nd – augury, 3rd – bestow curse, 4th – saving grace, 5th – opportunity, 6th – geas/quest, 7th – resurrection, 8th – spell immunity, greater, 9th – miracle.

Pleasure Domain
Granted Powers: You can grant others the glory of rapture with just a touch, and the Songstress’ joy fills your heart to overflowing.
Rapturous Touch (Su): You can touch a creature as a standard action, granting them a +2 bonus to any one Perform check for one round.
Bebhinn’s Heart (Su): Beginning at 8th level, your heart is so full of joy that you are immune to nonmagical fear effects and receive a +2 bonus to saving throws against magical fear effects.
Domain Spells: 1st – charm person, 2nd – mantle of love, 3rd – suggestion, 4th – beauty of youth, 5th – break enchantment, 6th – symbol of persuasion, 7th – repulsion, 8th – peace aura, 9th – true resurrection.

Starlight Subdomain
Associated Domain: Darkness
Replacement Power: The following granted power replaces the 1st-level touch of darkness power of the Darkness domain.
Star’s Gift (Su): You gain Starlight Summons2 as a bonus feat.
Replacement Domain Spells: 1st–faerie fire, 5th–mislead, 6th–veil, 9th–meteor swarm

Quest Subdomain
Associated Domain: Travel
Replacement Power: You gain a bonus on Knowledge (geography) skill checks equal to half your class level, and the following granted power replaces the 8th-level dimensional hop power of the Travel domain.
Onward (Ex or Sp): At 8th level, you gain a morale bonus equal to half your class level on checks and saves made to endure a forced march, to avoid getting lost, or to overcome dangers, hazards, and obstacles of a natural and environmental nature (including avalanches, extreme cold and heat, forest fires, quicksand, smoke, severe wind, storms, and water dangers).
In addition, you can cast find the path, guidance, and know direction as spell-like abilities usable once per day.
Replacement Domain Spells: 3rd–obscure object, 6th–geas/quest, 9th–miracle

Fellowship Subdomain
Associated Domain: Community
Replacement Power: The following granted power replaces the 1st-level calming touch power of the Community domain.
All for One (Ex): As an immediate action, you may speak a few words of cheer to create an aura of fellowship, centered on you and with a radius of 30 feet. All allies within this aura who can see and hear you are emboldened by your words, and may combine their effective Hit Dice for the purposes of determining the DC of Intimidate skill checks made to demoralize any individual member, or when determining whether or not a cause fear, scare, or similar Hit Die-dependent fear effect may affect any individual member. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Replacement Domain Spells: 3rd–good hope, 8th–sympathy

Warmth Subdomain
Associated Domain: Sun
Replacement Power: You gain a +4 sacred bonus on Fortitude saves to resist the effects of extreme hot or cold temperatures. In addition, the following granted power replaces the 1st-level sun’s blessing power of the Sun domain.
Sun’s Warmth (Sp): You can use dispel magic as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier, but this ability may only dispel or counter of spells with the cold descriptor. In daylight, you gain a +4 bonus on dispel checks when using this ability.
Replacement Domain Spells: 5th–fire shield, 6th–greater heroism

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:37 pm

If you're writing it up like that, you don't need their stats at all, unless you plan on the PCs battling their gods?

Return to “Houserules”