Ponyfinder & PCGen

Chat about Ponyfinder, or anything else on your mind.
Llisandur

Ponyfinder & PCGen

Postby Llisandur » Sun May 01, 2016 11:23 am

I'm making a PCGen dataset for the Ponyfinder books. Is this something that people would have an interest in?

Here's a list of what I have done so far and what I still have to do.
List

David
Site Admin

Re: Ponyfinder & PCGen

Postby David » Sun May 01, 2016 11:39 am

You madpony!

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Sun May 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Eh, PCGen has really good support for Pathfinder, so when my group first picked up Ponyfinder I decided to figure out how to make the data files and I made my own for what we needed. I've only recently picked it back up again to complete it for all the options. Hence my questions on the other thread about the Unification options. That made me have to rework the requirements for a bunch of feats, by the way. >.>

The biggest problem making the files is all the practically undocumented parts. Such a pain trolling through other files to see how they did something similar.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun May 01, 2016 7:19 pm

Hero Lab has much the same issues when it comes to creating your own files. I was only jesting before. You are a brave pony and I hope Her light shines warmly on you.

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Tue May 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Well, I THOUGHT PCGen had good support. Apparently many things that aren't used often, such as favored class bonuses, are available as choices but have no actual code. And other things work perfectly fine until you do something that should work but then you find it's been coded wrong.

Anyway, the list in my first post gets updated whenever I finish something. I'm currently working on archetypes, then (or maybe in the middle) I'll put in the eidolon evolutions, then the rest of the base races and their feats. Feel free to ask me to work on something specific if it's needed first.

How would you like the PCGen data files distributed, if you want them at all? What I have works for most things, though not all the options are there yet.

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Tue May 24, 2016 12:38 pm

I've finished with the dataset for the Ponyfinder Campaign Setting book. I'll get started on Tribes of Everglow after I take a short break. I'll probably split that into each individual book of the compilation and then make a compilation file after I'm done.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue May 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Good job on getting this far! I know that that sort of work is not easy to do at all.

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Sun May 29, 2016 6:25 pm

For anyone following, the dataset has been completed and added to the store here

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 am

I just sent off the completed Tribes of Everglow dataset for PCGen to David. It should be up in the store soon.

(So much work... :sick: but that part's done now.)

Return to “General”