Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree announced

Chat about Ponyfinder, or anything else on your mind.
TaliaKirana

Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree announced

Postby TaliaKirana » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:30 am

Equestria Girls 4 officially given its title and a piece of promo art. Interesting that it features Fluttershy (I really like her outfit) and Rainbow. I would have expected Sunset/alt!Twilight. Considering the title and the crystals in the background of the promo art... maybe they're going to find their world's Tree of Harmony? Or discover magic isn't as foreign to their world as they believed? (Maybe the Element of Magic didn't bring magic to their world so much as re-awaken their world's dormant magic?)

EDIT: A look at some of the dolls and a basic plot synopsis. I still wouldn't be surprised if they end up finding their world's Tree of Harmony. The basic plot about having to save the camp is just the start. Something supernatural always gets involved, and things get crazy.

TaliaKirana

Re: Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree announced

Postby TaliaKirana » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:56 pm

The official site for the movie is live. Not much, mostly just a look at two new characters and some art of the backgrounds.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:38 am

Can't believe I forgot to post this.First official trailer for Legend of Everfree! Releases October 1st on Netflix, with the DVD/Bluray release on November 1st. I'm sure there will be an airing on Discovery Family sometime in between those dates. From the looks of the trailer... I'd say EqG is definitely heading full speed down the road to superhero/magical girl story. What's funny is I suspected that was the road the series was going to take around the time of Rainbow Rocks. Also, it really feels like this movie is the beginning of a new arc.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:48 pm

New promo clip. Seems to be from one of the first scenes of the movie, kinda hints at one of the big conflicts of the movie.

EDIT: Two more clips!

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:38 am

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:57 am

Legend of Everfree soundtrack released today! So far I've just listened to the previews and they are awesome. I'm probably going to buy it today and listen to the whole thing later. October 1st can't get here fast enough!

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:41 pm

Apparently, the pattern is set that the even numbered Equestria Girls movies are the awesome ones. I really liked this one, and was genuinely surprised by some of the twists. I thought they'd find their world's Tree of Harmony. I didn't expect them to get Elements of Harmony instead. With their world having seven instead of six. I believe Sunset's is Empathy. (Look, magical crystals that reshaped themselves into necklaces? Totally their world's Elements of Harmony.) I get the feeling they received them because the magic is only going to keep getting stronger, especially considering that scene with the statue. And it sort of gives a reason why Sunset will stay. She's probably always going to feel responsible for changing this world forever.

Three new EqG specials will be coming next year, instead of a movie. I smell a set-up to transition from movie series to TV/Netflix series after the MLP movie.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:07 pm

We shall seeee.

I'm wondering what will happen with pony.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:35 pm

The specials are confirmed to be 22 minutes each. It rather strengthens my suspicion they're going to act as a bridge to a potential TV series. I do think the 'verses are distinct enough at this point that it could work. And likely EqG would be running new episodes when FiM is on hiatus.

Return to “General”