Friendship is Magic Season 6

Chat about Ponyfinder, or anything else on your mind.

TaliaKirana

Re: Friendship is Magic Season 6

Postby TaliaKirana » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Well, today's episode was fun. Season 6 continues its trend of Spike being handled well. (I like that he actually realized he screwed up fairly quickly.) Seems Spike's days of being the comedy sidekick are over, he's moving on junior hero. I really liked his song too. (Yes, it's cheesy. But it totally sounds like something he would come up with.)

This episode has me convinced a certain bug queen will be back for revenge in the finale. (I thought it before, this has more or less made me certain.) Thorax offhandedly mentioning the changeling kingdom... feels like a set-up. I think Chrysalis is going to kidnap Flurry Heart, and the Mane 6 will need Thorax's help to rescue her.

Damaged

Postby Damaged » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:26 am

I catch your drift. He was welcomed as a friend, and he had a long-term goal, but nothing was done short term.

I gave this a bit of a write up in my blog over here (WARNING: SPOILERS). The episode itself was a little weak so far as 'good' MLP episodes tend to run these days, but it had a lot of little facts and information about changelings; for that, I was willing to put up with a terrible episode indeed.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Well, "Dungeons and Discord" happened. That was fun. Yes, it was a bit lighter than last week but it was nice to see Spike be the cute and goofy kid again. I know people are going to rip into it for not spending more time in the RPG world. But I think it was more important that it showed us Discord is still quite lonely. He's still struggling to learn how to interact with ponies in a way that won't send them running. It's clear his pride is still his major flaw.
(Discord is totally going to end up being their DM in the long run. Give him a safe place to indulge his desire to be an evil mastermind, and maybe help him cope a little better.)

Also? That Fluttershy expression when he tried changing the train route? Priceless. Flutters has really come a long way.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:47 pm

I loved it.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Be careful for the next few days if you want to watch this week's episode blind. It aired on Polish TV already, so there are probably going to be spoiler screenshots all over the place. I just know some jerk is going to try and spoil the ending. (If it was in English I'd be strongly tempted to watch it just so no one could spoil me. But I don't know Polish so I have to wait.)

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:41 pm

Thanks for the warning. How did this happen?!

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Well, that was a cute episode. Though, ouch. That moment when Scootaloo mentioned knowing what it was like to have a nearly impossible dream (and fluttered her wings)? I think that's as close to a confirmation as we're going to get that she can't fly.

I think I've noticed what Season 6's story arc is. It seems to be all about finding friends in unlikely places and from unexpected backgrounds. Who would have thought we'd see a season introduce another friendly dragon? Or a non-evil changeling? (Aside from the one who popped up in Slice of Life.) Heck, who would have seen Gabby coming? Or Discord hanging out with Spike and Big Mac? (And ended up having fun, to boot)

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:36 pm

A good theme to have, overall. I did enjoy that episode. Adorable griffon was adorable.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:31 am

Return to “General”