Friendship is Magic Season 6

Chat about Ponyfinder, or anything else on your mind.
TaliaKirana

Re: Friendship is Magic Season 6

Postby TaliaKirana » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Uh oh. Well this sucks. Next week, episodes 23-26 will air early in the UK unless Hasbro intervenes. I wanted to go into the finale mostly blind aside from the synopsis and previews. But if I wait for the US airing someone is going to spoil me (whether some troll doing it because they think it's funny or someone who forgets the spoiler tag). I just barely managed to avoid most of the spoilers for "Scare Master" when it leaked on iTunes early. It's not as big a deal to get spoiled on one of the regular episodes, but it is for the finale. And the synopsis for this finale had me really intrigued.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:42 pm

Looks like season 6 may not be the end. It's not a rock solid confirmation of season 7, but why bother to deny Season 7 switching to a Netflix premiere if it's not happening? (I'll start a season 7 thread when there's more solid info.)

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Well, that was quite a finale. Who would thought we'd see the day where Trixie got to help save the day in a finale? Plus, Trixie and Discord's interactions were just gold. (Methinks we'll be seeing more of Trixie on a regular basis from now on.)

I'm also totally okay with Chrysalis refusing redemption and running off to seek revenge. We need at least one recurring villain. Her monologue in front of her subjects solidified she never cared much for them, or she would have been more interested in finding a way to truly end their starvation. I suspect Thorax wasn't the first changeling who wanted better. But I get the feeling the others either ended up dead from the method Chrysalis tried on Thorax or went into permanent hiding in other lands. (And isn't it kind of horrifying to realize they were starving all the time? Certainly helps explain Thorax's behavior before.)

As for the new 'lings, I mostly like the new designs. They're all colorful, unique, and whole. (Definitely like that they're still bugponies.) Only Thorax bothers me a bit, and it's mostly the color scheme. (I like the antlers.)

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:20 pm

I think it was a bit rushed with everyone but Thorax, but hey, TV show. I forgive.

Return to “General”