Friendship is Magic Season 6

Chat about Ponyfinder, or anything else on your mind.
TaliaKirana

Re: Friendship is Magic Season 6

Postby TaliaKirana » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:59 pm

Less than three days left! I'm so excited for the premiere!

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Well, I liked it.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Yeah, it was fun. Though I'm getting sick of the complaints about little Flurry being overpowered. (I kinda wonder if the Heart isn't meant to break and be reforged during the royal Crystalling ceremony.) I think too many people forget about the crazy stuff Pumpkin and Pound Cake did. (Pound was flying at least as well, and Pumpkin phasing through stuff isn't anything to sneeze at.)

I really liked how well Spike was handled, and that gives me hope he'll really shine this season. Sadly for some people, it definitely looks like Starlight is going to be sticking around. (Promotion to opening credits? She's not going anywhere anytime soon.) I'm not quite a fan yet, but it does look like they've got strong ideas for a story arc with her. And they are acknowledging her past, not sweeping it under the rug.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:57 pm

I called her sticking around in my ongoing fanfic of doom.

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:53 am

I honestly can't understand why anyone would complain about Flurry Heart being overpowered. Between having alicorn magic (which is, essentially, a pile of free metamagic) and the previously-established quirk that unicorn (and, apparently, alicorn) newborns will have power fluctuations, this was exactly in line with what one would expect.

Personally, I'm glad that we're going to be seeing more of Starlight. I don't dislike her character, and I'm optimistic about what she brings to the proverbial table. Even here, her sub-plot was handled very well, and tied in nicely with the overall story. Ditto on Spike actually being at his best for once, instead of a source of conflict; the part where he reassured Twilight about what kind of teacher she was pretty well summarized everything that's right about his character.

ryanwraith1

Postby ryanwraith1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:04 am

The episode was okay, but not great. I was hoping to see more of Sombra after the heart broke and was disappointed. Other than that, I am still upset with all the redemption stories going on in Equestria. Luna and Sunset are fine, but starlight was just starting to get reparative.
"The minds of gods are not for ponies to know or to judge. Accept that Sheila has a place for all of us in her grand plan, and be happy in the part you have to play."

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:01 am

While I'm not really surprised by it. The fact Starlight was a normal unicorn should have been a flag that she'd be redeemed eventually. The only evil ponies that seem to stay evil are the ones that are just low level evil like the Flim Flam brothers and Suri Polomare. Chrysalis also remains evil, but she's not really a pony.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:31 am

An important moral lesson. If it's not like you, it's beyond redemption or reasoning.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Well, they did reform Discord (who is pretty alien to ponykind himself). Chrysalis is a different story. She's embraced evil, and has shown no desire for redemption.

Episode 7 title and synopsis revealed. Interesting we've still not gotten a synopsis for episode 6. One of the writers said they don't want a promo for it, so sounds like something might be going down that they want to be a surprise.

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:26 am

TaliaKirana wrote:The only evil ponies that seem to stay evil are the ones that are just low level evil like the Flim Flam brothers and Suri Polomare.

Er...King Sombra? (I'm not counting the comics, since, as David has noted, they're not canon.)

Return to “General”