Discord and the Elder Gods

Chat about Ponyfinder, or anything else on your mind.
OldSchool

Discord and the Elder Gods

Postby OldSchool » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:03 am

So I'm posting this here, as I can't find anyone else bringing this one up but I may be mistaken. Based on what I've heard on a previous post, it is not impossible that the Mythos Gods (see Cthulhu, Yog-Sothoth, etc.) may have influence in this setting/world as they do in almost every fantasy tabletop setting. In my current campaign the AP that I'm using as my source has some fun subtle references to Yog-Sothoth in a ruin or 2. So that got me thinking, rather than strip them out, what if I left them in? Since their domains are madness and chaos, they overlap with Discord's domains nicely. So if they had any influence in this realm, what would be Discord's attitude/relationship with them? Would Discord be friendly with them to any degree? Or would he see the pony world as his domain and them muscling in on his territory? You guys are a good source of ideas and opinions, so I thought I'd run it by you all.

David
Site Admin

Re: Discord and the Elder Gods

Postby David » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:37 am

I could easily see a combination, Provided they didn't interfere too much, they would be tolerated like in-laws.

ryanwraith1

Postby ryanwraith1 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:21 pm

I always imagined Unspoken as more of a prankster god, rather than a god of pure chaos and destruction. He does what he does as a warning to others to be on their guard, well at least that is what the Sun Queen said on the Ponyfinder Tumblr.
"The minds of gods are not for ponies to know or to judge. Accept that Sheila has a place for all of us in her grand plan, and be happy in the part you have to play."

elecwolf1138

Postby elecwolf1138 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Kind of like Coyote. :)
He teaches you to watch where you are going by causing you to fall on your face.

OldSchool

Postby OldSchool » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Sounds like a better idea, I'm thinking of him being closer to the fey and their gods/lords. The elder gods tend to be more sinister, or prone to subtle manipulation for the sake of cruelty than Unspoken. He's more about just keeping things interesting, he seems to genuinly believe that the chaos makes their lives better.

Return to “General”