Paladins of the Moon.

Chat about Ponyfinder, or anything else on your mind.
OldSchool

Paladins of the Moon.

Postby OldSchool » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:54 pm

So one of my players has decided to take the path of Paladinhood. I have some experience with Paladins having run one myself for a very long time (and one that my party not only could stand to be around, but enjoyed having around. This party even had an artillery "let the flames sort it out" mage in it.) So I kind of know how to make this enjoyable for my party. If it was for Celestia, I'd be set, as her followers can easily be cut from the same cloth as Lathander worshipers and there's a bunch of source material for that.
However, my player chose to go with Luna as his choice, which I encouraged as it should be enjoyable for everyone involved, as she's quite interesting, it still leaves me in an interesting conundrum. What kind of Ethos would paladins of the Moon Princess be forced to follow? Based on her existing info, we can determine she is big on protecting communities from monsters, as well as her followers pursuing those creatures into the dark places where paladins of the day fear to tread. Also one of her domains is loyalty and she's LN, she we can assume she's big on upholding the Law. Which gives me a Helm, Torn, or Tyr feeling. So from that side I'm getting an idea of what her followers and paladins would be like. But that second half of her is where it becomes interesting. How would being a paladin of the night be different from being a paladin of the day? Besides just blues in the armors instead of golds. ^_^
So there's my questions to you good people, for the followers of the moon Princess, what would "The Gospel of Luna" be like? What sort of vows would her followers take? And how would it affect their personalities? I look forward to seeing your creative ideas!

David
Site Admin

Re: Paladins of the Moon.

Postby David » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:59 pm

To start, have you looked at the paladin archetype provided in the Ponyfinder core book? It's all about moon paladins!

OldSchool

Postby OldSchool » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:33 pm

I have, quite useful. And its what drew my player to being a paladin of that god.

Houshou

Postby Houshou » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:51 pm

hehehe... ><; I went and grabbed my Dragonlance Campaign book and I was like "I can't remember, but wasn't one of the Knight's of Neraka called Knight of the Moon..." Nope. Knight of the Lily, Knight of the Skull, Knight of the Thorn.

Ah, Dragonlance.... Memories...

Return to “General”