Chaos Hunters and Marks of Destiny

Chat about Ponyfinder, or anything else on your mind.
Wyrm780

Chaos Hunters and Marks of Destiny

Postby Wyrm780 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:25 pm

I've got a bit of a question on Chaos hunter's marks

Within the Campaign Setting it states that "Your brand of fate has marked you for the battle against the forces of chaos" and that "Your birth was likely celebrated..." which seems to mean that Chaos Hunter marks are fairly obvious, either in meaning or they carry certain similarities between each other (If my thinking is correct on this). However it also states that their Marks "...hint at what their destiny might have been, had they not been chosen for the task." and are obviously not a completely unified symbol.

So what sort of changes, similarities, and iconography would a Chaos Hunter's mark of destiny carry? would the mark be based off of their unmodified mark had they not been chosen or off of the Chaos Hunter iconography with additions from their unaltered destiny (Such as a hurricane or thunderstorm with strange symbols VS gusts of wind or crackling of energy surrounding a more standardized image)?

Any ideas, speculation or answers would be appreciated.

David
Site Admin

Re: Chaos Hunters and Marks of Destiny

Postby David » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:10 pm

I admit to not plotting the design out, being a wee poor at that sort of thing.

Wyrm780

Postby Wyrm780 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:56 pm

A shame, I've been having a bit of a hard time thinking up a design as well. Any GMs or Chaos Hunter players out there have a specific way they did it that seemed to work?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:05 pm

If you don't mind vagueness, I imagine it is more of a style than a concrete symbol, say like the opposite of a chaos symbol with arrows pointing inwards, which can be incorporated into other icons.

Wyrm780

Postby Wyrm780 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:18 am

I suppose that tendencies towards Symmetry, Structure, and inwardness, often focusing on sharp and clean geometric shapes when used (such as Circle, squares, and octagons; the orthodox shapes) would be a good start. The mark representing inward order and harmony seems to fit well with the purpose of chaos hunters. Though I could see several cases of mistaking a regular mark of destiny for a chaos hunter.

Return to “General”