The Next Big Book

Chat about Ponyfinder, or anything else on your mind.
David
Site Admin

The Next Big Book

Postby David » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:00 am

While the griffon book heads towards completion(yay) our thoughts drift ahead to what could be next.

We'd love to hear your ideas on it. What book would you like to see? A particular race or group of sub races? More location based stuff? Spill forth the ideas!

Natron77

Re: The Next Big Book

Postby Natron77 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:07 am

I think it would be cool to see MLP-esque adolescent dragons as a Ponyfinder player race. :moustache:

luxuryyacht

Postby luxuryyacht » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:08 am

While I'd love a deeper look at the Cloven, I think I'd like some info on Sweethearts more. I also wouldn't be put off by a look at the kingdom of three rivers (pretty sure that's what they were called) or probably better the dwarves or elves.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:12 am

Sweethearts or Steelhearts?

luxuryyacht

Postby luxuryyacht » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:19 am

Damn auto correct, oh well that's what I get for posting from my phone. :)

thevampman24

Postby thevampman24 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Well I always like me some more necromancy but that being said some more info on the gem ponies or Luminace would be nice aswell

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:17 pm

First thing I can think of is a continuation of the story, of seeing either the reforging of the empire or multiple pony countries that show up.

I'd agree that the Dragons would be an area that I'd love to learn more about, and their story post the fall of the pony empire. They really feel as if they'd be the next logical step in the lore of the everglow. It would also be an opportunity to make Kirin or Qilin as there actually called, the Dragon ponies. That would actually be an awesome area to focus on, Qilin's would be a good class to include in the next book even if they aren't the focus.

Also, a concept that isn't explored enough are cloud cities, the Everglow has next to none of them, so maybe a focus on area over the water where the main ponies focused on our Pegasi on their cloud cities and the Sea ponies.

Maybe also make an archetype based around a Daring Do concept of being the archelogist, but designed for flyers? A Flying rogue class archetype?

Qilin are definitely the option I feel should be the main point of the next book, but there's a lot of other areas that could be explored.

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:51 am

My preference would be for a Mythic-focused book, though all I can think of for it would be an alicorn mythic path. Anypony that mastered that would likely have a strong claim to being the next rightful Emperor/Empress!

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:00 am

Curious notion there, but I don't think mythic is a very wide audience. A book of mythic options sounds like a great idea for one of our mini books though(Are you on the Patreon?).

Alzrius

Postby Alzrius » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:43 pm

David wrote:Curious notion there, but I don't think mythic is a very wide audience. A book of mythic options sounds like a great idea for one of our mini books though(Are you on the Patreon?).

I'm not. While there are a great many things out there that I enjoy a lot, I'm not in a position to donate to them on a recurring basis.

You're almost certainly correct that mythic isn't a very wide audience; but then again, I have to wonder how wide the audience is for Pathfinder-based pony fans.

Return to “General”