Windigos

Chat about Ponyfinder, or anything else on your mind.
Yageira

Windigos

Postby Yageira » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:45 am

Hey everypony. I was wondering if anyone has set out to make monster stats for windigos. If not then looking for advice on what monster would make for good replacement stats. I'm not quite sure to classify them as elementals, undead, outsiders, or something else entirely. I just know that these do not seem like a character friendly race.

David
Site Admin

Re: Windigos

Postby David » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:24 pm

They don't seem to reflect dead anythings, so undead seems out. They feed on negative emotion and put out a lot of cold in return. Fey? Magical beast? Could be outsider, but what plane?

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:59 pm

While not a foolproof answer, my thoughts lean to [looks up elementals] Outsider (native, cold, air) with a note that they subside entirely on negative emotions, providing them the food and rest a native outsider would otherwise require?

Yageira

Postby Yageira » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:13 pm

My apologies for asking the question and then not replying afterward, but real life and the holidays does tend to interfere with gaming.

Rather than merely create a monster from the ground up (unless I absolutely have to), I've been searching for an ideal monster simply for placement stats. Finding one that fits the bit perfectly has no far met with no success, but I have found a few canidateseconds worthy of slight modification. Taking in the requirements a Windigo needs to be of the air, cold, outsiders, and of course evil subtypes. While a number of monsters fit that bill none of them seem to focus on spreading negative emotions and feeding off them (If you know of one I might have missed then let me know).

So far my best candidate is the Belker. Simply add the cold subtype and a wisdom drain attack plus spell like abilities for cause fear and rage and I think it meets the requirements of a basic mlp windigo.

Return to “General”